The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 27, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1
roy reali

Different Ammo In Semi-Autos

I have an 11-87. It seems to cycle different factory ammo differently. I am talking about upland type loads.

Wichester shells barely cycle the gun. The hulls end up a few feet away. If the gun hasn't been cleaned in awhile, they don't cycle at all. At the other end of the spectrum is Fiocchi shotshells. My gun throws them a good distance. I have a hard time finding the hulls if there is any sort of vegatation around. Federal and Remington ammo fall somewhere in between those two.

I wonder if other self-loader users have similar experiences. Does your gun seem to work better with certain ammo brand then others?
Old November 27, 2009, 05:33 PM   #2
churchill

it will all depend on the blast size i think....24/28/32 and so on..
if it gas operated with vents then the bigger the load the cycle power you will have...
i know some people in the uk ream out the vents to get more gas down to cycle the mech..
http://www.rapid7owners.com/forums/index.php?