The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 14, 2008, 08:05 PM   #1
DREW4REAL

2 clean a .380

i have a BRYCO 38' .380 auto jennings and i would like to no how can i clean it
Old April 14, 2008, 09:26 PM   #2
SDC

First of all, my sympathies. Second, make sure the pistol is unloaded. Take the magazine out, and rack the slide several times. Look into the chamber to make sure there is nothing in the chamber. REPEAT, MAKE SURE THE PISTOL IS UNLOADED. Point it in a safe direction and squeeze the trigger. At the rear of the pistol, there is a keyhole-shaped piece in the slide, and while you're pushing in on that piece with a pen/screwdriver/etc., you also have to pull the slide back slightly and lift it up. That keyhole-shaped piece is under spring tension, and if you slip, it can be launched at your eyes, so be careful. Once the rear of the slide is up and the keyhole-shaped piece, the firing-pin spring, and firing-pin are out of the slide (make sure you remember which way they go back in), you can let the slide go all the way forward and off the front of the barrel. The recoil spring is just pressed on around the barrel. You can clean what you need to, and then reassemble the pistol in reverse order.