The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 7, 2012, 04:47 PM   #1
LOUD

Need a Holster that fits ME!!!!

Ok folks, I need a holster that fits me! Im a fellow with a few extra pounds above the belt line. I can buy any number of holsters for my glock 27 that I carry on the job( Im a forester ) but they are all flawed as far as Im concerned . To fit me comfortably NO part of the the gun can be above the belt line , it all needs to be down at my side and not pushing into my "love handles" . I know someone is gonna say " why dont you just lose weight" and Im gonna say "bite Me". Who makes and sells a holster thats position is outside the pants( theres already enough stuff in there)and lays down my thigh and not feeling like a large burr under my saddle . I dont worry about concealement , so thats not an issue. I have several already that puts over half the guns mass above my belt and they are about as uncomfortable as a digital exam . So where could I get something that fits.....LOUD
Old September 7, 2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Creeper

There are lots and lots of "tactical thigh holsters" on the market... which is what you're probably looking for.
Most folks, unless they are tactical LE or military, don't use them, so you may not get too many useful answers here.
In your semi-unique case, I can understand the application and need... Safariland, BladeTech and Blackhawk come to mind as possible makers.

Just to toss it out there, there are also chest rigs, often called "guide holsters"... such as those made by Diamond D, might look at a few of those.

Cheers,
C
Old September 7, 2012, 05:21 PM   #3
IDAHOMIKE

At the risk of shamelessly plugging my work, have a look at the links in my signature. Theres nothing Ive made that fit your criteria, but Id be happy to do a custom design to your specs for a reasonable rate. Please let me know if I can be of service.
Old September 7, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4
2500ak

I had one of these made for one of my bear guns.

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...156&parent=669

Good holster, and it doesn't bother me when I wear it. I'm about 6'2 and 340lbs.

I've also used under the shoulder holsters (didn't care for them)

And those chest holsters. The chest holsters are comfortable, but I still prefer a belt holster.

Last edited by 2500ak; September 7, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old September 8, 2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Sixer

I might know someone who can help

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.