The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old January 3, 2009, 01:49 AM   #26
DEDON45

All's Well that Ends Well!

Old September 21, 2017, 11:09 AM   #27
gsapatka

Second that! Hornady Customer Service really Sucks!

I purchased one of their Safes and was missing a part. It has been 7 weeks now that I have been getting jerked around by there customer service rep (Wil Urish)([email protected]). I tell ya, if I would have know that their customer service was so bad, I would have never purchased the safe from them.
Old September 21, 2017, 11:22 AM   #28
hdwhit

Quote:
GoldenRoyBoy wrote:
Just curious, has anyone else had similiar problems; or, is it I with a problem?
Are you sure you weren't calling Lyman's customer service department? What you described sound a lot more like my experience with them.
Old September 21, 2017, 12:09 PM   #29
hounddawg

when I first got my LnL progressive back in 2014 I had a number operator error induced issues during my learning phase. I found Hornady customer service excellent. Once they overnight shipped part that had been broken due to my own stupidity and tossed in a handfull of the retaining springs in the package at no charge for the broken part, the springs or the shipping. Cannot ask for better CS than that

Just used the LnL this morning to load 250 .223's in less than an hour, as long as I keep it clean it works like a champ. Only issue I have anymore is if I spill powder on it the primer feed slide will bind. A simple brushing with a small paint brush if I see any spilled powder cures that
Old September 21, 2017, 12:12 PM   #30
HiBC

Why so many zombie threads lately? 2008?
OP,you have a beef with Hornady,and instead of standing on your own with a new post,you dig up a 2008 zombie thread????
Old September 21, 2017, 01:04 PM   #31
F. Guffey

Quote:
must be you,I have never had problems with Hornady,their customer service has always been great.
I called Hornady with a plan, I was going to pull bullets, save the powder and reuse the bullets. They convinced me I needed their Cam over collet bullet puller, so I purchased one. I spent more time waiting for parts than I did using it. On the third go around they told me I made too many mistakes. I decided they did not understand my original plan so I went for a visit. I made it clear I was serious about pulling bullets to get rid of corrosive primers. and I wanted to know what the 'too many mistakes was about'.

It was about this time they said they were having trouble with one of their vendors; seems they were doing a lousy job of heat treating etc.. I suggested they tell me where they were located, I decided while I was there I would visit them also. Hornady informed me they changed heat treating vendors, what the heck? I was already there.

And then one day parts show up, I placed the parts in a box with the puller and have used the RCBS bullet puller.

There was a Schnauzer in the office, I ask a very kind lady who did the Schnauzer belonged to, she said the dog belonged to her. I then asked her where her desk was located, she said her office was located in the north west corner of the building, she was curious why I wanted to know where her desk was located. I explained to her the Schnauzer was standing on a desk eating someone's lunch in the back of the office. I just though that would be something she would want to know about.

F. Guffey
Old September 21, 2017, 02:04 PM   #32
higgite

Pardon me for asking the obvious, but what does a safe have to do with reloading?

I won't drive this thread further off topic by asking why you would buy a safe from an ammunition manufacturer in the first place.
Old September 21, 2017, 03:06 PM   #33
egd

This whole resurrected part is weird if you ask me, which no one did, but...
Old September 21, 2017, 04:24 PM   #34
F. Guffey

Quote:
This whole resurrected part is weird if you ask me, which no one did, but...
edg. I purchased two stocks from Richards Micro fit. I could have found clubs that were nicer; I told them I believe I could teach wood peckers to do a better job.

Not one member of any forum said they would hold off doing business with them until they made an effort to correct the problems. Hornady is not the only dealer/manufacturer I visited. I thought they were rather rude, as soon as I walked in to one business, the man said he knew as soon as he hung-up I was going to come see them.

F. Guffey
Old September 22, 2017, 06:23 AM   #35
Spats McGee
Staff

Given the thread resurrection and the fact that everyone seems distracted by that, I'm going to close this one down.

If there needs to be a new thread on Hornady's Customer Service, or Lack Thereof, so be it.