The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 23, 2000, 06:03 PM   #1
able2ski

I've seen the nice (and pricey) Surefire forearm lights available for the 870 models, but what about the 1187 Police? Or do you get one of those lesser setups with light bracket between the barrel and mag tube & a stick-on pressure switch?

If the nicer forarm setup is available, will it also require modification to allow a 6 round sidesaddle? My factory forearm requires a minor little cutout......why can't they make these things without requiring modification? It's not that hard! Jeez!
Old June 24, 2000, 03:42 PM   #2
jnixp

I have the sure fire forearm for my Vang'd 1187.I do think spending a little more for a cutoff switch is a good idea.That way you won't accidently activate it before you need it.And I agree that Wayne Lagger is an excellent source for sure fire products.
Old June 25, 2000, 08:01 AM   #3
jthuang

As the other posters have mentioned, yes there is a Surefire Responder for your 11-87.

Wayne Lagger is always a good person to deal with when it comes to Surefire products. That said you may be able to get a Responder for your 11-87 a bit more economically at http://www.maricopatactical.com

Not affiliated, etc.

HTH,

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Old June 25, 2000, 10:38 AM   #4
jthuang

Oh by the way, the Responder will obviate the need for any fore-end modifications for the six shell sidesaddle -- or you could just get the four shell sidesaddle.

Justin
Old June 25, 2000, 05:01 PM   #5
able2ski

Thanks for all the advice......now i just have to break out the credit card!