The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 9, 2001, 04:13 PM   #1
Oatka

Darwin at work.

ARTICLE
KERMIT PATTISON STAFF WRITER

A home robbery in St. Paul was foiled after one of the victims wrestled away a rifle and killed one of his attackers, police said today.

Two men, armed with a rifle and handgun, forced their way into a home on 959 Fuller Ave. about 9:15 p.m. Thursday and held Craig Trottier and James Perrin at gunpoint, according to St. Paul police. One of the men, Brice Moore, 17, of St. Paul, took Perrin to the second story of the house, police said.

Trottier, who remained on the first floor, grabbed the rifle from the other man, identified by police as Leneal Land, 21, also of St. Paul, who then ran from the house.

Trottier, armed with the rifle, went upstairs and saw Perrin being held at gunpoint, police said. He fired several times, killing Moore. Afterwards he called police, officials said.

St. Paul police continue to investigate the events. Land was arrested shortly after the robbery attempt, and police say he is expected to be charged today with first-degree armed robbery.

Kermit Pattison can be reached at [email protected] or (651) 228-2183.

Old February 9, 2001, 04:51 PM   #2
legalhack

Is there no justice in the world??? How did these poor armed robbers know to expect someone would resist their criminal enterprise??? I say sue the homeowner and pass more laws against guns - If the criminals didn't have guns then the homeowner wouldn't have shot him and he wouldn't get sued....

Great liberal logic huh?? One less scumbag for the rest of us to shoot!!! Good going!!!!
Old February 9, 2001, 07:35 PM   #3
w00dy

bummer, doesnt say what the guns were. probably a fully-automatic AK47 with a 100 round clip and a bolt-action revolver machine pistol loaded with teflon-coated cop killer bullets.
Old January 4, 2013, 04:24 PM   #4
cujo1277

just saw this while looking up some more info on the event, for the record it was an sks rifle and taurus semi auto pistol.

we bought the house 2 months after the event, and there were still bullet holes in the door frame downstairs.
Old January 4, 2013, 07:57 PM   #5
Dr Big Bird PhD

Ladies and Gentlemen, Trottier is what I would call a real American hero
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old January 5, 2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Yung.gunr

Holy Zombie Thread Batman...

So Cujo, does it feel any different to live in a house you know something like this happened in?