The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 25, 2000, 09:49 PM   #1
Alex Johnson

I have been thinking about trying the IDPA matches. Can anyone provide me with a source for information about IDPA. I have read a couple of articles about it in the past, but still don't have a real clear idea what it is all about. What kinds of firearms are used in the matches? Thankyou for any response.
Old April 26, 2000, 01:27 AM   #2
Tackleberry

Hi Alex,
If you enjoy thinking "tactical" and moving throughout a senario to engage targets then you'll surely enjoy this.

It is a perfect training platform for CCW holders. If you visit www.idpa.com you'll see that the association was developed as an avenue for the CCW holders.

Guns used are anything to be carried as a concelled carry. It must fit into a box for size restructions, and the "race gun" mentality is checked at the door. We try and stress accountability for shots fired, as you woud be on the street.

Check it out , you'll be sure to enjoy it.

------------------
Be Safe, Be Trained

Life is tough...it's alot tougher if you don't know how to shoot.
Old April 26, 2000, 10:26 AM   #3
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Alex "just do it" you will shoot a LOT and you'll learn something new every time.

I'v3e been doing IDPA for 2 months now and am even going to take the safety officer classes.

Dr.Rob
Old April 26, 2000, 10:41 AM   #4
Alex Johnson

Thanks for the response guys. I think I'm going to try it out this summer If I can find some IDPA shooters in the Grand Forks ND area.
Old May 4, 2000, 10:34 PM   #5
markd

Anyone here that is a member of this from the Bay Area? I was intereted in it and would like some first hand info on how they are in the Bay Area.

markd