The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Closed Thread

Old August 31, 2006, 08:39 PM   #51
DonR101395

+1 Fremmer
Old August 31, 2006, 08:56 PM   #52
gfen

Quote:
The problem is not plinking. The problem is rudeness and stupidity.
(this space intentionally left blank)
Old September 1, 2006, 06:31 AM   #53
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

OldCheif,
I guess your name says it all. Hey "Sonny, I have bin doing this since before you where born, when we use to walk uphill to school both ways, bare foot in the snow." YES it is my business how you shoot when we are on the range together, thank god we do not belong to the same club. I don't want to get shot by accident when you "light" up a magazine. Next time you do this, just give me the ammo it will be better spent, than the way you shoot. Duh look how fast I can hit NOTHING. By the way I didn't grow up in the Holy church of shooting, I just took the time to learn properly and safely, unlike yourself I suppose. I kind of guess with your comments concerning holy church and high and mighty paper punchers, I guess you do not hit your target too much just the air around you. Anyway I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks after all. Have a good day.
Old September 1, 2006, 06:34 AM   #54
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

Morons at the range

Hey Hedley,
Thanks for your wonderful insight into this thread. I do not know what I would have done with out your advice. Thanks again.
Old September 1, 2006, 06:45 AM   #55
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

Morons and buttheads

OldChief,
I hate to kick an Old Cheif when they are down, but hear goes. I just remembered what happened to one of our county ranges last year. Some Yahoo like yourself, wanted to see how fast he could light up his magazine and accidently put one over the berm and hit a house, next day range closed forever. IT IS MY BUSINESS HOW YOU SHOOT MORON! WHEN YOU CAN RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE, just another selfish idiot in this country. What else is new. I will pull the animal out of my butt when you morons stop treating firearms like the water pistol you had growing up.
Old September 1, 2006, 07:45 AM   #56
VirgilCaine

Man, am I gald I can just walk out into my yard and shoot all day and not bother another soul.

I have not spent much time in public or private ranges, but during that very short time, I've seen some crazy, careless, dangerous, and deadly practices. I don't know what a range officer is paid, but it ain't enough. I bet most are volunteers.

I'm a long way from a professional shooter/instructor, but I have been shooting since I was 6yrs old (yikes). We shooters are a brotherhood/sisterhood, a community of sorts and sometimes we need to speak up and say to the shooter in the next lane, " do you mind if I make a suggestion" or, "you seem to be having a bit of trouble, mind if i help?" and so on.

A we/they or an us/them mentality ie; "plinkers", will get us no where.
Old September 1, 2006, 08:27 AM   #57
wolfdog45

I built my own shooting range on my property. I live out in the country where the nearest house (besides my own)
is about 1/4 of a mile away.
The range I built goes to 100 yards.
I have 7 and 15 yards marked off along with 25 and 50 yards.
I don't shoot at any public ranges cause some people are just to unpredictable to be around when they have a loaded gun in their hands.
Only friends and reletives are allowed to shoot at my range.
Hearing and eye protection is a must.
Good shooting every one.

" Do what is right-help others." Leo K. Thorsness, Medal of Honor recipient.
Old September 1, 2006, 09:01 AM   #58
VUPDblue

Quote:
Morons and buttheads
Quote:
IT IS MY BUSINESS HOW YOU SHOOT MORON
Quote:
I will pull the animal out of my butt when you morons stop treating firearms like the water pistol you had growing up.
Seriously, I thought we were having an intelligent discussion there for a while. Especially defining 'plinking' and separating that very definition from what you describe as unsafe shooting. I am now sorry I ever subscribed to this thread. Y'all need to settle down a bit
Old September 1, 2006, 09:03 AM   #59
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

Thanks for ONLY quoting me
Old September 1, 2006, 09:12 AM   #60
VUPDblue

Quote:
Plinkers are Stinkers
Quote:
defensive shooting James Bond wannabes
Quote:
none of your damn business how I shoot. You need to bend over and remove whatever animal crawled into your rear.
better...?
Old September 1, 2006, 09:16 AM   #61
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

YES it is
Old September 1, 2006, 09:54 AM   #62
tydephan

The mentally unfit are just as dangerous to be around on the range as the "morons" that handle firearms inappropriately...

You know...people who have short fuses.
People who call others names, despite knowing nothing about them.
People who are immature and paint everyone with a wide brush based on his experience with a few.

But...if there's one amendment I love more than the Second...it's the First.
Old September 1, 2006, 11:01 AM   #63
Leif

Do we really need three pages in defense of non-competitive shooting?

ppcmaster, if you have a problem with your club, shouldn't you be taking it up with them? Getting your shorts in a knot because other people didn't like what you had to say in a public forum about your own problem with your own club is a bit, umm, well I think the word was used already.

Stick a fork in it ...
Old September 1, 2006, 11:32 AM   #64
pax

Yesterday, I was at the range with some buddies. We started out at 15 yards, slowfire, to get warmed up. Well, not really slow, slowfire -- we tried to get 6 shots downrange in less than 30 seconds.

Then we moved to the 7 yard line. We yanked our guns out of the holsters as fast as we could. BANG!~ reset ~ BANG! ~ reset ~ BANG! Lotsa fun.

After awhile, we got bored with that, so we started shooting 3 targets every time we yanked the gun out of the holster. BANGBANGBANG! Was that fast enough? Dunno, I think I can go faster ... speed it up, speed it up.

Sending so much ammunition downrange, we kinda had a problem keeping the magazines full, so then we played with reloads a bunch. How fast can you reload? Let's see ... BANG! ~ RELOAD ~ BANG! Wow, cool beans. I can do it faster though, wanta see?

When we got tired of doing that, we started shooting one-handed. Draw with only one hand, then dump six shots on target as fast as you can. BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! That was a blast. Left-handed we didn't draw, just held the gun at an angle in front of us to begin with. How fast can you dump a magazine left-hand only? BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! Wheeeeee.

After awhile, that wasn't enough of a challenge, so we fixed things up so we could fire without being able to see real well. First we did draw and fires with that -- yank the gun up and out and fire the shot quick. Then we did multiple targets, yank the gun up and out, then hit three targets as fast as possible. BANGBANGBANG. All without being able to see real well.

Sure glad some grumpy old guy didn't come along to yell at us.

pax
Old September 1, 2006, 11:33 AM   #65
ppcmaster
Registration in progress

Unfortunately you are not correct. Think before you speak, wiser words might come out. This isn't just only about my club this is about all clubs. Someone looses a round at your place, you'll be looking for a new place shoot. Not to mention all the bad press we get already. I didn't force anyone to reply to this thread especially yourself. I put this out in a public forum to hear what everyone has to say and get info on how to take care of things on my end, Your advice is so let me see, oh that word had been used again hasn't

So, stick a sock in it.......
Old September 1, 2006, 11:45 AM   #66
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Moron? Selfish idiot?

This one's definitely done .

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread