The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 1, 2005, 10:09 AM   #1
Badreno

Hunting Stand Help

I am about two build 2 hunting stands (tripods). I would like to build them between 10' and 15' high. I have drawn up some plans of my own design, but would like to see a few others before I begin. Does anyone out there have any plans I could look at or know where I can get more ideas before I begin?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old November 1, 2005, 01:09 PM   #2
MEDDAC19

I suggest looking through some of the major hunting supply catalogs like Cabela's for some ideas. I just recently saw some base kits, of course I can't find them now, that provide metal base brackets, with the correct angles and adjustability for leveling, to make construction easier. You only need to supply the wood and fasteners.

You did not mention whether you are placing these stands in open fields or in the woods. With woods, the use of trees make the construction much easier. If you are putting them in the woods, ladder type stands are safe and easy to construct, with the tree providing the third leg.

If you are making them out of pipe or angle iron I can't help you much, other then to say look at all the available ones in the catalogs. Good hunting.