The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 4, 2016, 01:05 AM   #1
DaveJTR

Video: Sig P238 .380 versus Kimber Micro Carry .380

My first table top. I hope this helps anyone on the fence. *Pistols were safe from the beginning. Just forgot to mention it on camera until later.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFQreKLdfiY
Old January 4, 2016, 09:07 AM   #2
Ibmikey

Dave, I also have both the Micro and P238 and cannot really tell which has more recoil, both are quite pleasant to shoot in my opinion. You did not mention the mags interchange. Constructive comments for your next video: script the high points so they are related in a clear manner for the viewer, have someone else work the camera so you have two hands to use, back out a bit so the shots are not all so close-- move in for an important topics.
Thanks for sharing your obversations.
Old January 4, 2016, 09:55 AM   #3
JWT

Have a Kimber micro with the laser grips (seldom used). I really like it. Nice little shooter and quite accurate for a small gun. I don't notice any recoil when I shoot it. Have had zero malfunctions with it.

Sights aren't the best. Night sites would be better.
Old January 4, 2016, 11:52 PM   #4
Lexspeed

Dave, I enjoyed watching your video and hearing comparative comments. Those are two wonderful pistols. I just purchased a Kimbro micro recently on impluse. I went into my LGS looking for something else. But once I handled that little gem, I couldn't leave without it. As you describe, that gun feels solid and so well constructed. I have yet to fire it. I can't wait.

Last edited by Lexspeed; January 6, 2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old August 22, 2016, 04:49 PM   #5
ghisbell

Kimber Micro 380

I have both the P238 and the Micro 380. Had to change out the guide rod and recoil spring in the Kimber now no problems. The sights are not just bad--they are non existent in the dark. I have searched for night sights and the only ones i found were from Kimber --$125. Plus $35 to install. The rear sight looks to be set into the frame in an unusual manner. Has anyone tried to get them installed anywhere except Kimber?

Looks like the Sig out shines the Micro in the dark
Old August 23, 2016, 11:31 PM   #6
michael t

I 'd go with the SIG . Seems like always some one always having a problem with Kimber .No matter the caliber.
Old August 24, 2016, 01:14 AM   #7
Old Bill Dibble

Wife loves her Micro, it is a fine shooter, no issues. Sig also makes a great gun. Either would be a good choice.
Old August 24, 2016, 05:35 AM   #8
mk70ss

Wife just bought a Micro9. 100 rounds through it so far without a hitch. Great little guns.
Old August 25, 2016, 08:46 AM   #9
Ibmikey

Ghisbel, anyone with a universal sight pusher should be able to change the sights, thought of doing it to my Micro as Kimber has had them listed lately then i thought of my three Sig P 238, Sig P 938 and a host of others with night sights that i do not use. I doubt they are made for the Micro but Fiber Optic/ night sights on my Commander are the best ever.