The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 27, 2009, 10:41 PM   #1
john323

Colt Colteer 1-22 Single shot

Does anyone have an exploded view with parts list for this weapon? Also would be helpful if you have a source for parts. Thanks in advance. John

Southern California
Anything legal, Rifles, Handguns, Shotguns, Black powder
Old June 28, 2009, 08:51 PM   #2
PetahW

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.a...GLE%20SHOT&MC=
Old June 29, 2009, 03:34 PM   #3
john323

Nothing on the Numrich site. All they have is the semi auto. Need pictures of parts so I may replicate those missing.

Southern California
Old June 29, 2009, 05:56 PM   #4
PetahW

[Nothing on the Numrich site.] - Why not take a closer at the hyperlink I posted ?

[All they have is the semi auto.] - The link I posted is not for the semi-auto Colteer, it is for the single-shot Colteer (I-22)

[Need pictures of parts so I may replicate those missing. ]

Well, you also asked for a parts source in your OP.

For the Colt Colteer (I-22), in the link above - Numrich lists bolt bodies, bolt heads, bolt head retainer pins, extractors, extractor retainer clips, firing pins, strikers, striker springs, and stocks.

There's just not a whole lot of other special parts needed, outside of the receiver, barrel, and trigger - so we can possibly help further, could you let us know what part(s) you need to replicate ?

Old June 30, 2009, 01:40 PM   #5
john323

Need the piece that the stock screw goes into and the trigger spring. I got a hold of Colt today and they DO NOT have a break down of this weapon.I need you "FiringLine guys" help.If you own one of these little guns please PM me.

Southern California
Old July 1, 2009, 09:15 AM   #6
PetahW

I'm sorry, I don't have a Colteer, to post pics of for you.

Under the Colteer single-shot, Numrich lists a "Colteer" schematic w/parts list, Item No. PDF0068B - you might consider calling their cust service to find out which "Colteer" the schematic is for, the SS or the auto.

If they don't have the one you want, I can only tell you how I solved those problems, in the past, on several different rifles.

[Need the piece that the stock screw goes into]

If you mean the metal stock estucheon, that the head of the stock screw bears against to tighten the stock against the barreled action, a decorative replacement can be made from a cut-off/de-primed, brass, cartridge casehead.
A .30-30 case seems to work the best for most rimfire stocks/screws.
A non-decorative estucheon can be made from a cold blued steel washer.

If you mean the stock screw's threaded anchor, usually dovetailed into a barrel bottom, I make another from a piece of keystock, then D/T it for the stock screw.
Failing that, the barrel bottom can either be directly blind drilled & tapped for the stock screw, or D/T'd for a small block that has a central hole D/T'd for the stock screw.

It's all hidden work, so IMO, it's the result that counts - a take-apart rifle that stays solidly together.

[the trigger spring.] I've found that I've generally been S.O.L., and either had to adapt one from some other rifle, or application - or fashion one of my own. Sorry.

Last edited by PetahW; July 1, 2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old July 1, 2009, 03:17 PM   #7
john323

Thanks PetahW I looked at all the sites, links and books I have and so far no luck. The receiver looks like someone tried to put a block into it before then changed their mind and tried to drill it out. That failed so they smashed it with a hammer to flatten out. I can't tell if it's a DT or something screwed in. I will have to remove the "fix" before anything else. Thanks to you I will be looking for a DT as well. I will let you know what’s happened. Always the little jobs that take the longest. John

Southern California
Old July 2, 2009, 12:10 AM   #8
PetahW

If the smashed/flattened block seems solid, you might consider simply D/T'ing it in the appropriate spot for the stock bolt, and call it a day.

BTW - R U an NRA member ?

If you are, you can call member's services - the NRA just might have an exploded parts diagram in their files.
They've helped me in the past, when all else failed.
If they have something, they will provide members a copy at no charge.

If you're not a member, it's time you were.

I've been a lifer since 1971, and have back issues to 1947 - but they're not indexed, only sorted by years - and it would take weeks on end for me to go through every one of them. (Sorry again)

Old July 2, 2009, 03:48 PM   #9
john323

I forgot about the NRA and their member's services. I'm a Benefactor member and Life Member of CRPA as well.I will call them ASAP. Thanks for the reminder. John

Southern California
Old February 3, 2011, 07:47 PM   #10
RTillery

Hopefully I can help here

I am going to pull mine apart to clean it thoroughly and I will remove that part, take picture and get the specs on it so that hopefully you can manufacture one. It looks to be pretty basic. More info soon...
Old February 4, 2011, 01:39 PM   #11
john323

Thanks.I will be looking out for the pic.

Southern California
Old February 4, 2011, 02:44 PM   #12
RTillery

Pics & Stuff

I need to take some measurements and get some thread sizes which I will try to get done asap. Some on the spring is to remove the trigger to install it so that you don't lose tension on it. The spring holds tension on both the trigger which allows it to cock and it also holds the safety in place. More soon.

Pics

Old February 4, 2011, 02:46 PM   #13
RTillery

http://gallery.me.com/realityyouthchurch#100358
Old February 4, 2011, 10:43 PM   #14
PetahW

Nice pix