The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 30, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Puntmefar

trigger job question

Ok im planning on ordering a Glockworx Fulcrum Trigger it comes with optional striker springs and polished safty plunger included. The goal is to reduce pretravel (the over travel is comfortable already) and reduce the trigger pull to around 3.5lbs. This item claims to be able to reduce triger pull to as low as 2lbs. My question is does the polished safty plunger do any thing at all for trigger pull and if not does it affect lock time in any way compaired to the factory? Basically is the safty plunger a good change or stick with the factory part? So you have all the info the gun im doing this to is a Glock 17 3rd gen the only change already made is upgraded to a stainless steel guid rod with factory spring I use it for daily carry. Thanks for your response.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Puntmefar

ok looks like no one knows what the the awnesr is. Maby just dont have experiance with the spacific aftermarket part im questioning to be able to give a honest compairison. In any case i thank those who took the time to read it for your intrest.Hopefully some one will see it that can give me a honest compairison and opinion lol
Old February 6, 2011, 04:44 AM   #3
Taptap

I don't have any experience working with glocks, but I have worked triggers on 1911's. Basically, any part that has to move to allow trigger function will transmit friction to your finger and affect the smoothness of the pull. So, if the plunger is depressed by way of the trigger being pulled, then smoothing it up will help to smooth up the trigger pull. Certainly won't be drastic (i'm guessing), but it all adds up.
Old February 6, 2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Puntmefar

Thanks I havent thought of it in that manner. The safty plunger is depressed by the conector rod during the trigger pull allowing the sear pin to spring foward impacting the primer.Untill that point it blocks the sear pin from the full travel to the primer. So yes it is operated by the pull of the trigger. Thanks your response got me thinking through the mechanics of the sequence.
Old February 6, 2011, 11:40 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not familiar with that device, but when you make ANY change to a gun that you might have to depend on, test it thoroughly with at least 2-3 hundred rounds. He whose gun goes "click" in a bad situation might find said gun inserted in a dark place and be astonished to have it go off then.

Jim
Old February 7, 2011, 06:24 AM   #6
Puntmefar

Quote:
Jim Keenan
I am not familiar with that device, but when you make ANY change to a gun that you might have to depend on, test it thoroughly with at least 2-3 hundred rounds. He whose gun goes "click" in a bad situation might find said gun inserted in a dark place and be astonished to have it go off then.
Jim I couldnt agree with you more lol the parts are going in this week and the rounds are comming out this weekend at the range
Old February 8, 2011, 09:16 PM   #7
Puntmefar

Ok just for others that may have questions like my orininal one in this post. I have done the trigger job including the titanium polished safty plunger and new 3lbs sear pin spring. At each step I reassembled my Glock and cycled it several times and did notice a improvement from each part of the job. Now the 3lbs spring for the sear pin is the same weight as the factory spring but it is a shorter spring. Exactly how that plays in im not sure but in the end I have just over a 3lbs trigger pull with minimum pretravel and just enough over travel to reset it all dry firing. I will be at the range this weekend with a few hundred rounds to range test it. Post in here if you want to know how it works on the range otherwise I wont post a report.