The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 2, 2000, 04:39 PM   #1
WalterGAII

Having fired a few thousand rounds of .400 Cor-Bon through my Accu-Match-equipped G21, I just had to give .400 Cor-Bon a try with my new G30. Accu-Match never made a barrel for G30's, so I decided to give the El Cheapo ($89.95) Federal barrel a try. Wound up with the extended, ported barrel. Finish on the barrel is excellent. Only fitting irregularity is that the barrel hood is a little over .050" too narrow. Barrel locks up fine, and the narrowness of the barrel hood doesn't seem to affect accuracy. Bearing in mind that it's necessary to use 10-round G21 mags for reliable feeding of .400 Cor-Bon, I've fired several hundred rounds through the new Federal barrel without a hiccup. Accuracy is outstanding. While I would have preferred a tighter barrel hood fit, I'm truly impressed with this little barrel.

Recoil and muzzle flip are negligible.

I also recently bought a new, non-threaded .400 Cor-Bon Accu-Match barrel from Brownell's. They're dumping their inventory of Accu-Match barrels for $83.55. Fit and finish are, like my other Accu-Match barrels, perfect. Accuracy is match-grade. Function is perfect. I'm a happy camper with my .400 Cor-Bon barrels.

Am currently having one of my .400 Cor-Bon barrels reamed for .40 Super. Will post results of that experiment as soon as I get the barrel back.
Old April 6, 2000, 06:24 PM   #2
Futo Inu

Thanks, Walter. I'm always glad to get the .400 CB reports from you - always interesting. Still don't know who "NM" is - the maker's initials (??) stamped on my G30 .400 bbl. Let us know if the .40 Super round knocks you on your butt.
Old April 6, 2000, 07:08 PM   #3
Rainbow Six

Isn't "NM" initials for National Match grade?

R6

[This message has been edited by Rainbow Six (edited April 06, 2000).]
Old April 6, 2000, 07:10 PM   #4
Rainbow Six

BTW, I wish like heck that Brownells had SIG P220 .400 CORBON barrels for $85!!!

R6
Old April 7, 2000, 09:19 AM   #5
Futo Inu

Yeah, R6, it may be National Match, which is good, I suppose, but that's the only marking, so from whom? I bought it from a TFL regular, "Rob" - he got it as a gift and didn't know either.