The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 4, 2011, 12:18 AM   #1
robctwo

9mm Les Baer

Took my investigator to the range today. He's retired LEO. Came over to the side of truth and justice, criminal defense

He's looking for a daily carry. Ran into a good deal on a Glock .45, so needed to put some rounds down range. I brought along a few other guns.

Had him shoot the 9mm PII. I was loading some nice hand loads for him and he was doing some speed drills. After about 80 or 90 rounds down range he set the gun down, said he'd shot lots of 9s and owned a great Sig but, "THIS IS THE BEST 9mm I'VE SHOT. by far" (his emphasis)

Mine is special

We love our Baers. He's getting a used, lnib S&W 1911PD Commander with the CT grips. I have one. He shot it and carried it for a while. I knew of a good deal on the S&W forum so routed him there.
Old July 4, 2011, 12:35 AM   #2
KyJim

Sounds like you all had a good time. I like the way you have that Baer set up. I have one 1911 with a fiber optic front and really like it for range work. Those grips are really nice, too!

BTW, it's not too late to turn away from the dark side!