The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 22, 2000, 07:24 PM   #1
Cuz

Tonite, just out of curiosity, I tried measuring my chamber for col out to the lands. The figure I came up with for my 25-06
Remington 700 Sendero was 3.30". All the books I have read show the col to be set at 3.250. The thing Im curious about is : Can there be .05" more in length from the books suggested col and my chamber? What do any of you feel is the best way to find the c.o.l. in a bolt gun?
The bullets Im using are Noslers Combined Tech. 115 gr. Silver Tips. I was reading that
,to some degree, more accuracy can be acheived by seating the bullets closer to the lands to eliminate as much bullet jump as possible.This rifle is already shooting 3/8 to 1/4 inch groups and I was just trying to see if I could close it up more . Any tips you could give me would be appreciated
Thanks, Cuz
Old January 22, 2000, 07:53 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Cuz,

Go to .308 Headspace.

It's a thread in this forum with a good discussion that addresses your question.