The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 12, 2008, 06:47 PM   #26
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

One of the teens Junior hunts with is deaf. It can be a challenge at times and junior has learned to jump up and stomp down to alert chris if he is up ahead not looking back. When a buddy asked how he figured it would work he recited the story of me and a deaf girl in gym class that got paired up as "last picks" for dance lessons.
She "felt" the music thru the floor. Chris one strong young man and loves to tote the caught pig no matter how far! I love about him...
Brent
Old December 12, 2008, 07:20 PM   #27
VaFisher

Nice story, thanks for sharing.
Old December 12, 2008, 09:09 PM   #28
Rmart30

Easiest way to find out if there are pigs around is soured corn and a game cam.
Put out regular corn and the deer may/will get it before the hogs find it...
If you dont have time to sour corn get you a small spray bottle of diesel fuel and mist the corn enough to make it smell.. Deer wont eat it but the hogs will. I keep a old 2 oz doe scent spray bottle with diesel in it in a ziploc bag.
Here is a picture of what rooting looks like...... Ive never seen them tear a entire field up...... just spots like in this picture

http://travel.mongabay.com/china/ima...a_02-8700.html
Old December 19, 2008, 01:07 PM   #29
NickG

pig and geese hunting in NJ

Hi all, am a new member. Three of us being long time hunters live in Monmouth county NJ and would like to hunt pigs in zone 25. If any of you know of a farmer or guide that would be interested in working with us, we would be happy to receive any information you can pass on.

We also are looking for areas to hunt geese and are looking for farmers that may want to rent access to their land. We are responsible and will do right by any and all. I appreciate any referrals, feel free to email me. Many thanks, Merry Christmas!

NickG
Old December 19, 2008, 01:53 PM   #30
Dave P

We get hogs by the dozen around here. See a couple of new dead ones on the side of the highway every week. We don't use wimpy shotguns - Mauy Thai is the way to really have some fun with them!
Old December 19, 2008, 08:03 PM   #31
rem870hunter

hello nick welcome to the forum.

rmart the area i saw what looked like signs of hogs,did not look like the pic you posted. it was more like deer pawing or turkey scratching.

not like someone was digging with a ditch witch to run cables or pipes.
my g/f, uncle said something about a golf course nearby that has them causing problems. but i think its on the border of 25 and another zone though. maybe just outside of it. i'll have to look it up.
Old December 19, 2008, 09:31 PM   #32
dac12

I just read this on the fish and wildlife site, now I guess I got to head down to south jersey next deer season.

Last edited by dac12; December 19, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old December 21, 2008, 04:04 PM   #33
armedtotheteeth

Borders... Zones>> How do you guys keep up with all the " you can do this, and you can do that , but not on Tuesday during the month precluding the Full Moon when Saturn is on the Right Ascension to VEnus. Itll come a time when Hogs are all over the place and they will be destroying Gardens in town, cars on the Highway. Im sure the Muslim Population in your area will enjoy the fact that they are hunted now.
Hog hunting is fun!! Wish yall had more freedoms up there in your neck of the woods.
Old January 22, 2009, 09:50 AM   #34
rem870hunter

have'nt seen any hogs or definet signs of them yet while deer hunting. i'm still looking though.
Old November 8, 2009, 04:55 AM   #35
fyrdog929

Feral Hog Hunting

I hunt in zone 25 but have found no sign of hog, I am looking for a place to hunt them, does anyone know where I can go in 25 to find them?