The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 25, 2015, 06:56 AM   #1
CajunBass

Anybody Recognize These Grips?

Y'all know me. I'm not the type to just shamelessly show off when something falls in my lap.

I just got the Taurus 431 out of layaway a couple of days ago, then walk in the shop a day or two later and find this in the cabinet.

1970 Model 28-2. 4" barrel, non standard grips. Some of the papers, the box, no tools. Gun appears to have been fired very little, if at all, there is not a mark on the recoil shield, and there is still grease on the front of the cylinder. A faint turn line.

I put it on layaway...surprise there I'll bet.

But my real question is...Does anybody know what kind of grips those are? They're nice is about all I know. Didn't think to take them off.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old July 25, 2015, 09:37 AM   #2
AK103K

SILE maybe?

I used to just take the factory target grips and whittle them into something similar. Got rid of the bulk in the wrong places and fit them to my hands better. Not as pretty as those though, but not ugly either.

Nice 28 too by the way. Im on the way to the range, and just went back to the safe for mine.
Old July 26, 2015, 12:54 AM   #3
Webleymkv

Those look very much like Eagle's Heritage Compact grips.

https://eaglegrips.com/heritage-comp...checkered.html