The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old November 29, 2012, 02:12 PM   #26
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright

My grip was improper?
I have no idea. Did the muzzle return to it's starting position? What's your target's opinion? Or your timer? Would pictures of follow-up shots look identical?
Old November 29, 2012, 04:00 PM   #27
Bob Wright

MrBorland said:

Quote:
I have no idea. Did the muzzle return to it's starting position? What's your target's opinion? Or your timer? Would pictures of follow-up shots look identical?
As far as the muzzle goes, I pulled it down for the next shot. It did not return on its own, that's for sure. As to opinions, the target was inanimate so incapable of opinion, there was no timer.

There was no follow up shot, as I recall the target was a gallon sized water-filled plastic jug, which did not survive.

Bob Wright
Old November 29, 2012, 07:43 PM   #28
hardhat harry

Bob, I know Memphis pretty well, so I already know you remove that hat before driving around town, you know, COWBOY hat in Memphis.

Where is the range that is in the picture?
Old November 30, 2012, 09:09 PM   #29
Bob Wright

hardhat harry wrote:

Quote:
Bob, I know Memphis pretty well, so I already know you remove that hat before driving around town, you know, COWBOY hat in Memphis.

Where is the range that is in the picture?
No, I keep my hat on all the time while outdoors. Sort of my trade mark/identification badge to the kids at my church. Always gives me a chance to talk to little kids. Also gets me some flirtation from cute young things. Helps to keep in shape, you know.

As to the range, this one was Fernwood State Park, near Cadiz, Ohio, visiting my daughter and her family there.

Bob Wright
Old November 30, 2012, 10:57 PM   #30
crazycrave

I was with my sister last weekend helping her pick out a gun for CC and she wants a S&W bodyguard and after checking out all the hammer less models i really like them more as a CC.. within 21' or so it ain't really going matter if you have 6 rounds or 19 rounds because those lightweigth wheelguns will be very fast at aim and fire with no safety to mess with ..