The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 27, 2012, 02:24 PM   #51
m&p45acp10+1

Sounds like a porch light, and peep hole would have been a great asset to have in the situation the OP described. I know that in my younger days I lost my keys when I went for a hot night in the old town so say. Though I lived alone, and kept a well hidden key to the front door. I did not have my car keys with me due to the fact that I took a cab becasue I knew I would be drinking. I can see a similar thing when one has a roomie.

In short I wold suggest finding a way to identify who is at the door, and teaching the girl friend how to handle the weapons in the house as well.
Old September 28, 2012, 04:35 AM   #52
1911Alaska

Well this thread has gone on and off topic way to much, I am surpised it is has not been locked yet. Thanks to everyone for there adivice and opinion, except for those of you who said (call the cops first!!!) since I already pointed that out in my original post is was not much of a help.

Porch light with motion sensor would be a good idea, so would a peep hole. Unfortunetly I have a rental house and it does not have neither. And due to the set up of the house she could not see the front door from the upstairs bedroom. No DV does not apply to this. Dogs would be a great option to but since its a rental it is not an option at this moment
Old September 28, 2012, 10:04 AM   #53
Frank Ettin
Staff

enough
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread