The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 24, 2006, 08:42 PM   #1
.351winchester

Looking for security agency

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I've been trying to find a security firm (American) that operates in Iraq. I understand pay is extremely well. But I haven't had any luck locating potential employers. I don't know what credentials would be required from the average company. I've had no formal training but have spent many years learning all I can and applying it to countless hours of training (Carbine, shotgun and pistol). No experience with team tactics yet but would not be a fish out of water learning them.
I'm sure they would provide training but would most likely prefer a documented background in LE, security, etc.
If anyone can help point the way, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you.
Old October 24, 2006, 08:50 PM   #2
MisterPX

From your lack of credentials, the best paying place you may get into is probably CSA. Pay isn't as good as the upper tier companies, as you don't have the background. CSA out here is running $70K-$80K/year. Keep in mind, that you'll most likely be standing out in the sun on pavement for 8-10 hrs a day. Not that bad right now, but during the summer...ooo..eee. Hot enough where I said I'm not gonna take one of those jobs. Not sure if they run any ops up north though. Remember, more $$$ = more risk.
Old October 24, 2006, 10:23 PM   #3
.351winchester

Thanks for the reply and tips, I checked CSA and they require Military or police (patrol) service experience. Do you know of any others farther down the ladder?
Old October 25, 2006, 12:15 AM   #4
oldbillthundercheif

You could always fly over to Kuwait / Saudi and hire on with one of the hundreds of semi-reputable companies. You are unlikely to find them on the internet or in any phonebook. Personally, I would not even think of taking this route...

If you have no military / police background you are pretty much out of luck with the reputable guys unless you speak arabic or at least one of the other, more obscure languages of the region. This would be the prime option... you might even find a company that would chip in for your language studies if you think you could hack speaking from the back of your throat all day, every day...

Good luck... you'll need it if you go with option 1.
Old October 25, 2006, 07:46 AM   #5
ATW525

These guys are always hiring and are doing alot of work in Iraq right now. Pay isn't so good, but they have good benefits and they'll give you formal training before sending you overseas.
Old October 25, 2006, 01:21 PM   #6
RevolverLover

With your lack of background alot of companies are not going to even look at you. You best bet is to go into the military if thats the type of thing you want to do.
Old October 25, 2006, 03:25 PM   #7
MisterPX

http://www.csakuwait.com/csa_security.htm

Based on the caliber of the guys I've seen and spoken too, it won't hurt to apply anyway, no offense, but you can't be much worse than some of them.