The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 3, 2009, 10:22 PM   #76
kraigwy

I'll be conducting another Service Rifle Clinic at the Weston County Sportsman Club, Newcastle WY on June 20th 2009.

If interested PM me for more information.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old June 12, 2009, 11:44 AM   #77
Executive Solution

Hi Guys,

Florida Firearms Training. (Florida)
Our indoor Courses are held at the Delray Shooting Center in Delray Beach Florida. We also use multiple outdoor facilities around the state as well as internationally for certain classes. We will also “come to you”, (in most cases) if you have a facility for us to conduct on-range and classroom courses.

We have 4 full time instructors with an additional 6 "on call" instructors. All of which are NRA / State or Military certified. Individual qualifications include a variety of disciplines from Law Enforcement, Military, Contractor / Operator, Security, Rifle, Carbine, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection, Home Firearm Safety, Close Quarter Combat, Urban Survival etc. Most have first hand experience in the field whether it is military, contract, Law Enforcement or security / protection detail roles.

We offer regularly scheduled Concealed Weapons Classes, Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, marine and home defense classes. These include introduction, intermediate and advanced courses......Please see our website for more info.

Will Farrugia
954 298 9103
[email protected]
http://www.floridafirearmstraining.com
http://www.theexecutivesolution.com

www.floridafirearmstraining.com
Old August 23, 2009, 02:13 PM   #78
Papabjoe

Force Training Systems

Force Training Systems
CCW Certification
Old September 22, 2009, 04:50 PM   #79
THORGDG

Thor Global Defense Group. Military ranges,gun renting,and training

Hello, We would like to introduce ourselves. We are Thor Global Defense Group. Our Main Facility is located at 1206 KNESEK LANE, VAN BUREN AR. We have a wide variety of ranges, classes, and weapons to choose from. We have several rifle bays, one strictly for RND and company use. We do have several ranges open to the public ranging for our 40m sub machine gun pistol bay out to our 2 mile long range. Currently we are constructing a 2 story shoothouse and a 360 degree shoot bay designed for PSD training. For more information please do not hesitate to contact us at 479-474-3434 or check us out online at www.THORGDG.com. We also have Several different Tactical Training and Security Classes

We currently offer:

* Civilian Firearm and Self Defense Training
* Military Training
* Law Enforcement/Police Training
* Security Professional Training
* Armorer Training

THORGDG is the first security company in the world that offers there own line of weapons. Our line ranges from our TR-15 Tactical carbine, (which is used by our security teams) to our THOR NEMISES .50cal BMG. We also have our own line of .408 .338 and .308 rifles.(call for pricing and availability).
Old September 23, 2009, 12:35 PM   #80
Sentinel

Will work for food

I'm a police instructor in the UK (see my profile). I will teach anyone who will employ me how to shoot their weapon, and, more importantly, when.

Just ask!
Old September 24, 2009, 08:22 PM   #81
9 Micky Mouse

This guy is good to go!

www.GAProtectiveMeasures.com

[edit: "This guy" is 9 Micky Mouse.]

Last edited by Capt. Charlie; September 24, 2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Clarification for members
Old September 29, 2009, 11:02 AM   #82
CA PI

California

We are a Firearms Training School here in Central CA. We teach pretty much all around the country in one form or another.

If you are interested check out our newly revamped website. If you want to host a school please email us for details at [email protected]

Gene

Trident Firearms Academy, LLC
Old October 8, 2009, 01:10 PM   #83
Muleskinner

Has anyone actually attended Frontsight

Its great to see all these training sites listed, BUT has anyone actually attended FrontSight's 4-day defensive handgun course? They are offering the course currently for $300. Is it worth the money?
Old October 12, 2009, 11:22 PM   #84
heavyj31483

i am trying to find a class to become an instructor for ccw/cpl in south eastern michigan if anyone has any info can u please email me at [email protected] this is something that i really would like to do any help would be very much appricated

thankyou
Old October 13, 2009, 10:56 AM   #85
Big Don

Frontsight comment

Muleskinner: I have not attended but I shoot competition matches with a number of people who have attended and every one of them feel the money was well spent and they'd go back without hesitation. That help?
Check out www.tftt.com to see if any classes will be offered in your area. Outstanding training and you don't have to travel to Nevada.
Old October 19, 2009, 09:39 AM   #86
NCPatrolAR

Charlotte, NC and travel to other locations

I teach for Defensive Concepts North Carolina (http://defensiveconceptsnc.com) a self defense training company based in the Charlotte, NC metro area. We teach primarily in Charlotte, Carthage, and Fayetteville/FT. Bragg but will travel to any location that has a safe range for us to teach on.

All Defensive Concepts instructors are NRA certified instructors and military veterans. All three instructors are also certified to teach the NC Concealed Carry Handgun Permit course. Other instructor certifications possessed include: lowlight instructor, less lethal munitions, and police defensive tactics. More information on our instructors can be found here

While we do some police and military training; our focus is on training members of the concerned citizen community. We offer training in pistol, shotgun, carbine, unarmed self defense, and other vital skills. Please take a look around our site and see if something interests you.

Thanks

Chris
Old October 31, 2009, 12:01 PM   #87
fcs25

In Arkansas contact me at [email protected].
Old November 4, 2009, 11:18 AM   #88
TAPS

Tactical Application of Practical Shooting

I am out of NC but am an MTT. Mac

http://www.caci.com/wexford/training/index.shtml
Old November 6, 2009, 10:43 AM   #89
opksrj

THOR Global Defense Group ( www.thorgdg.com ) offers Arkansas Concealed Carry, Tactical Training ( Pistol, Carbine, Submachine Gun, Executive Protection, etc.,) and others
Old November 9, 2009, 01:01 PM   #90
parallel

Magpul Dynamics

I just finished (last night) Dynamic Carbine 1 & 2 from Magpul Dynamics. Chris Costa, Travis Haley and Mike Lamb were outstanding instructors. I intend to go to the Advanced Dynamic Carbine class that they will be here for in March.
Old November 11, 2009, 01:40 PM   #91
smince

www.adpa.biz
Alabama Defensive Pistol Academy

Matt Sims
Old November 14, 2009, 09:34 PM   #92
ancienthacker

Las Vegas?

Can anyone recommend a school in Vegas? Friend of mine is looking to learn to shoot and is a complete newb.
Old November 17, 2009, 07:25 PM   #93
Big Don

Ancienthacker:
Front Sight is there in Pahrump; can't much closer than that for quality training. http://www.frontsight.com/index.asp

Last edited by Big Don; November 17, 2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added url and name
Old December 9, 2009, 05:30 PM   #94
Ohio Shooting Sports

Ohio Shooting Sports, Ltd --2010 Class Schedule Now Online

2010 will be a big year in Central Ohio for comprehensive training for Personal Defense and Competition. Ohio Shooting Sports is offering 3 learning tracks - Firearm Instruction, Unarmed Combatives for Personal Defense and Advanced IDPA & USPSA courses. Feel free to stop by our web site at http://www.OhioShootingSports.com for more information. Our first three winter classes in 2010 will be lead by Brian LaMaster of Innovative Tactical Concepts: Home Defense, Knife Defense and Unarmed Combatives. Our firearm classes will start in April and run through November. All classes will be held in the Central Ohio area. Stop by our web site to see our schedule and register for one of our upcoming classes. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Michael Craig
Chief Firearms Instructor
Ohio Shooting Sports, Ltd.
Old December 13, 2009, 05:02 PM   #95
408Stang

Long Rifle Training of All Kinds

I am an instructor for this business an I thought I'd pimp the business a little bit. We have several upcoming training classes in a variety of topics.

We primarily teach L.E. Sniper courses, but have branched out in several areas of firearms. We can travel to you if necessary. Here's the links for the L.E. and the Civilian sites. E-mail us with any questions at:

[email protected]

LE:
www.precisionrifleworkshop.com

Civilian:
http://www.precisionrifleworkshop.com/prwcivilian.html

Also check out my other listing on this forum for used ONCE FIRED .308 brass for sale.
Old January 25, 2010, 01:50 AM   #96
Concealed Carry KY

Concealed Carry KY

Anyone interested in getting their concealed carry permit for Kentucky (CCDW KY), please visit us at concealedcarryky.com

For more information visit us at concealedcarryky.com or E-mail us at [email protected]

Last edited by Capt. Charlie; January 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Advertisement irrelevant to members removed.
Old January 26, 2010, 02:10 AM   #97
watchman220

SHOTS RANCH - Firearms and Tactical Training Facility

Jeff Jolly is an instructor and the founder of SHOTS Ranch.

Too many courses to list here.
Suffice to say you will find something you are interested in.
AZ-CCW
Handgun
Rifle
Shotgun
Carbine
Hand to Hand
Edged Weapons

Wes Doss is our lead instructor at SHOTS Ranch but we have several top notch, well respected instructors.

Classes are in Arizona at SHOTS Ranch.

For a full course listing go to www.shotsranch.com/full-course-list.shtml

You can sign up today.

watchman220
Old February 14, 2010, 02:50 PM   #98
supergrinch75

training courses

I received my ccw about 2 years ago and had an amazing instructor by the name of Jerry McCowen. He teaches a class at GCC and is a well known instructor at Gunsite.He was extremely knowledgable about firearms and has an extensive law enforcement background

Now on the other hand My wife recently toor a course with one Rick Barkett, and he did not do any training during the the range time and allowed zero practice shoting. all she was allowed to do was stand in front of a target 10 yards away and take her 10 shots. He did not meet the state standards and was very short and rude to the participants, especially the female participants. He is from ADFT @ www.azccw.com. To anyone looking to take a courses do not use this instructor.
Old April 29, 2010, 04:18 PM   #99
wallace11bravo

Midwest Tactical Solutions

It is opening in 2011 in Nebraska.

http://sites.google.com/site/midwesttacticalsolutions/
Old April 29, 2010, 05:52 PM   #100
bpnkrtn

Where is the "final" list by state please?

Tags
carry , ccdw , ccky , concealed , kentucky