The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 22, 2006, 09:18 PM   #1
1911SFOREVER

Jeff Gonzales Combative Pistol One/PDS: Quantico VA 13-15 October

Jeff Gonzales of Trident Concepts will be presenting Combative Pistol One 13-14 October and his Pistol Distance Shooting module on 15 October at Quantico. Cost for CP 1 is $350 and PDS is $200. (CP1 is a prerequisite for PDS.)

The Combative Pistol (CP1) course aims at emphasizing the combat mindset, non-diagnostic weapon manipulations, reflexive responses, surgical shooting, ammunition management and a greater awareness of cardinal safety rules. The course develops a high level skills confidence and weapon familiarity necessary to dominate in realistic shooting conditions.

The Pistol Distance Shooting course focuses on the precise application of the fundamentals at the extreme ranges of the service pistol. The purpose behind the course is to identify discrepancies with the current technique that are unnoticeable or ignored at the closer distances. It is to perfect as much as possible their technique so the shooter can let the situation dictate their actions. It is to develop a higher level of confidence in their skill to be able to perform on demand. It is to push their limits of performance beyond what they thought possible.

More info on the courses at www.tridentconcepts.com

To register, email [email protected]. (DO NOT USE the registration system set up on Jeff's website!) Send checks, made out to QSC Inc to QSC, Inc, Box 212, Quantico, VA 22134. Please be sure to specify that you are enrolling in the Gonzales course
Old August 23, 2006, 06:59 PM   #2
1911SFOREVER

Bump!
Old August 24, 2006, 05:11 AM   #3
Jeff22

Trident Concepts CP1 class

I took Advanced Combative Pistol in July, which is a combination of the Combative Pistol 1 (CP1) Class and Shooting on the Move -- Pistol (SOMP).

I'm not going to give away any proprietary secrets about the many range drills we fired. We shot so many different drills that I couldn't write them all down.

HOWEVER, to prepare yourself, get some of the TCT-05 targets that Trident Concepts uses for their training. Go to Law Enforcement Targets at www.letargets.com. Select "General Paper & Cardboard Targets" and then "Tactical & Specialty Targets". The TCT-05 target is at the top of the list.

Since Jeff Gonzales uses a proprietary target in his training, prepare yourself by shooting on the same target.

Also recommended is his book: Combative Fundamentals: An Unconventional Approach: The Comprehensive Guide Towards Mastering the Pistol and Carbine by: Jeff Gonzales.

If you're going to take a class from a guy who's written a book, do yourself a favor and buy the book and read it before the class. You'll get more out of the instruction that way.

BE PREPARED TO SHOOT A LOT!
Old August 28, 2006, 03:56 PM   #4
1911SFOREVER

Bumping this opportunity to the top!
Old September 6, 2006, 01:04 PM   #5
1911SFOREVER

Bumping to the top!
Old September 9, 2006, 03:17 PM   #6
PressCheck

Jeff just might be the best Instructor out there!