The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 31, 2015, 01:22 PM   #26
nvdwarrior

Finally the correct ejector pin is installed

Just thought I would finish off this thread with the results. Remington sent me two pins which were a full 1/8th of an inch too short and would not span the distance between the slide rails. A quick call to customer service (very helpful folks) and within two days the replacement pins arrived. The initial ejector pin was a solid 5/8th inch roll pin. Sorry, I could not measure the exact dimension of the original pin. The new pins are 1/16th of an inch shorter and are not solid. The new ones look like a slotted spring pin. Now the dimension of the new pin is very tight to the frame holes. It took a little compression from a set of pliers to initiate the entry into the right side frame hole. Once in, a gentle tapping moved the pin in until the frame slides would no longer allow me to tap. I used a 1/64th inch drift pin punch, (which I just happened to purchase at a local gun show today!) to place the pin within the frame hole. The spring type pin definitely added the tension missing with a standard solid roll pin. The pin is in and it is tight. It also tightened the ejector itself. No more wiggle, not the slightest. I did not use locktite because of the tension that existed in the spring pin. A tight fit. Time will tell. Off to the range.