The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old February 18, 2014, 06:11 AM   #26
bamaranger

resurrected

Huh! I see this thread got some new life. Some closing comments and a post season report.

Yeah, one of the disturbing things was there was no communication prior the season. But these guys, near as I can tell are not "neighbors", they lease this land and come up from Huntsville periodically. They don't know us and I suspect don't care to.

That may or may not be true.....what is now fact is that after about the first week of gun season, the boy and I did not see anybody in that stand. Not once. A bit of ATV traffic, some of it darn odd actually, but no Mexican stand off, them in their stand and one of us in ours.

We did in fact go over and resign the property line. No way could it be argued that a body didn't know. Have no idea about the status of the feeder. Illegal to hunt over bait, but legal to feed under certain parameters. I would have had to trespass to find out for sure and was not going to chance it.

And the final good news. Next to last day of the season, bamaboy, on a solo hunt, bagged his first good buck from our stand just at dusk. He was one proud fella....and it was all just like old times there. Course I got involved in the recovery and skinnin'...whats a guy to do.

All over till next year.......turkey season next.
Old February 18, 2014, 10:47 AM   #27
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

And so we "Wait 'til next year."
Closed Thread