The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 04:57 PM   #1
galilshooter

Gunpal/GPal has serious problems...

For those of you who are looking into using gunpal for your gun transactions you might want to rethink it. On April 26th my ffl completed a sale for more than $3000 and accepted gunpal for payment. To date the funds still have not transferred to his account. He has dealt directly with Ben Cannon who has lied to him on at least two separate occasions. I have a complete set of emails documenting the BS that gunpal is dishing out. This is not an isolated case. I have checked other boards such as glock talk and there are others out there with similar problems.

I don't know about you but waiting weeks for a payment to transfer is unacceptable. The guy who bought the guns had them two days later. Gunpal is no friend to the gun community if they can't do a simple transfer of funds in a timely manner. Use them at your own risk. I'm sure they will be getting numerous BBB, state attorney general and other complaints filed against them.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Moving from Gen Disc to Retail Deals and Feedback Forum...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old May 16, 2010, 07:24 AM   #3
UpandAtIt

I am having issues with GP in that my checking account routing and number is not being accepted by GP, it is the same one I use for PayPal, Buynow, West Un etc......very frustraiting to get the same message over and over rejecting my account because they say the routing does not match the bank and account number. I know damn well the info is correct. I am going to hold off finishing my app to let all the bugs work out first.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:30 PM   #4
UpandAtIt

HEALDSBURG, CA – May 13, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

GUNPAL, the leader in transaction-neutral online payment processing, is now operating as GPal, Inc. at the website https://www.gpal.net/
Old May 21, 2010, 10:55 AM   #5
New2GA

GPAL

I would be interested in how the GPAL issue works out. I'm interested in their services however I don't have the ability to deal with long delays in transfers. I signed up with them a while ago and still have not added any bank acounts. I think I will wait and see how this plays out before continuing with them.
Old May 21, 2010, 04:39 PM   #6
artherd

I am not familiar with this case, and do not appreciate you implying I have been anything but forthright. We did have some cases in which a 3rd party processor of ours delayed funds transfers to some customers, however to my knowledge all of those have been cleared up. If that is not the case please let me or my staff know and it will be taken care of.

-Ben.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:00 PM   #7
Rich Miranda

I have used Gunpal (before the name change) and I have never had any issues.

I'm still a fan of and recommend Gpal.
Old May 24, 2010, 02:42 AM   #8
arcticap

My recent 1st Gpal transaction which was deposited into my Gpal account was then successfully transferred to my bank account in a prompt and timely manner. I'm quite satisfied and intend to use Gpal again.

Last edited by arcticap; May 24, 2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old May 28, 2010, 05:08 PM   #9
Stick_man

I have used GunPal on a couple different occasions and have yet to have a negative experience with them. Transfer times and fees are nearly identical to those of PayPal, but the attitude is many times better (than PayPal) with GPal. At this point, I have no complaints about using GPal.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:41 PM   #10
CCGS

quesiton

not a bash but a question, what would be an average wait for funds withdrawn to be deposited into my bank account? I have a confirmation # saying the transfer is complete dated 5-24-10 and it is now 6-7-10. Is that normal or timely? thanks
Old June 10, 2010, 06:00 PM   #11
CCGS

SO what... it is now the 10th, and I still have not seen my deposit... nor any reply from my emails, nor even this thread.... If Mr. Cannon does indeed read these threads he doesn't seem interested in my question.
Old June 10, 2010, 10:10 PM   #12
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgs
SO what... it is now the 10th, and I still have not seen my deposit... nor any reply from my emails, nor even this thread.... If Mr. Cannon does indeed read these threads he doesn't seem interested in my question.
Dude, Mr. Cannon replied in post #6 of this thread...
Old June 11, 2010, 12:54 PM   #13
sksmatt

Gpal withdrawl Gpal problems

I made a withdrawl from my Gpal account on 5-24-10 and the money has still not posted to my bank account...that's 14 business days! I've sent 2 messages to Gpal support and both have gone unanswered. I also had a withdrawl last month that took damn near 3 weeks. Anything over 7 business days is unacceptable!

Last edited by sksmatt; June 11, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old June 12, 2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Shorts

I'm using GPal as a method to accept payments. My deposits from Gpal-to-bank take 3-5 business days according to my statements. This last transfer got me concerned as it was not 3 days on the dot like all the previous others have been. Instead, it was 5. I did send the same message to both my bank and GPal and both responded promptly. They both stated the time between transfer and posting does take 3-7 days. That's just the way the system works.

I can't speak for anyone else's situation, only my own. I watch my accounts closely and I'm very quick to send off an inquiry if I get concerned. I've always been answered. I encourage everyone who uses a third party for transactions to contact your bank and talk to a representative about your business/financial contacts. Banks and credit unions might have their own way of doing things within the common general practices. At the least a representative can have a look at your account transactions and determine why or where things went wrong.
Old June 13, 2010, 07:10 AM   #15
Buddymack

I have come on here because I am very concerned, I am having the same issue this is the first time but never the less I am having an issue..
I paid for my item with a successful confirmation on the 3rd of June on an item on GB...the dealer said he has not had any payment since I showed him the confirmation number and everything..
I know many on here want to trust as I do too, but when you are out a few hundred dollars and quite possibly a good deal your going to be sorry.
I will be out only about 78 bucks and a rifle stock that I have been hoping to complete a project..
but if I don't have an answer and resolution, I am going to assume fraud and contact the proper authorites and begin to warn all the other sites I frequent..
I use the same name, and honestly I was hoping for a professional replacement to Paypal that was pro-gun...
Old June 13, 2010, 03:05 PM   #16
sksmatt

Something bad is definitely going down over at Gpal. A simple withdrawal should not be taking 2-3 weeks or more to transfer to someone's bank account...that is completely unacceptable! For those of you that have gotten satisfactory responses from Gpal support...congratulations

I've heard nothing from them in over 2 weeks
Old June 13, 2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Shorts

sksmatt, have you called your bank?
Old June 13, 2010, 10:25 PM   #18
mta59628

GPal Problems

Having issues here to. I have moved locations, and have been for over two weeks trying to up date my profile so everything matches up. Now for two weeks I have been also trying to confirm my new bank, I have sent 4 other emails without a single response. With no phone number to contact I am kind of nervous for the money I have in limbo there, since I have no bank I can send it to and customer service can't answer emails.
Old June 14, 2010, 09:14 AM   #19
sksmatt

Quote:
sksmatt, have you called your bank?
I could try, but I doubt they can help. My bank is not the problem...I believe it is both Gpal and the bank(s) that "transfer" the money for them. I've had several sucessful Gpal deposits this year that only took 4-5 days. It's just this deposit that is missing and another one I had last month that took over 2 weeks. Gpal support is not answering any email inquiries and there is no phone number for them. I also PM'd artherd here with no response
Old June 14, 2010, 10:47 AM   #20
teumessian_fox

Didn't I read that the owners of GPal are long time members of calguns.net and actively post over there?

Why don't you all register on calguns.net and find out what's happening?
Old June 14, 2010, 11:24 AM   #21
BillCA

Quote:
Didn't I read that the owners of GPal are long time members of calguns.net and actively post over there?

Why don't you all register on calguns.net and find out what's happening?
True statement. Gpal is essentially part of the calguns family of businesses. You should easily be able to contact Ben Cannon there as artherd - the same name he used to post on TFL.

I suggest that you put together all the information you have in a logical order and explain what the problem is and what the desired outcome should be.

Ben is an upstanding and forthright guy. I'm sure he'll get you some results.
Old June 14, 2010, 06:15 PM   #22
CCGS

Update:
I finally got in touch with a person at GPal. Evidently, they had a large batch of transactions that were messed up by a processing company "coamerica" and if you will call them, they will redo the transaction. Mine is to be no later than COB Wednesday, and Im to call the guy back Thursday to make sure. That is much better.
So, if you are still hanging on a transaction, call them at
1-800-813-4725.

Good luck.

Last edited by CCGS; June 14, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old June 14, 2010, 07:41 PM   #23
sksmatt

Thanks a lot! I'm calling tomorrow.
Old June 15, 2010, 03:42 AM   #24
joejeweler

Well,.....i sold a guitar for near $4,000 on 5-22-10 , plus some other items before that. I initiated a transfer into my bank account later that evening and the transfer showed on my gunpal account as having been "processed" and completed.

6 days later i contacted them to let them know i had not yet recieved the $4,000.00 transfer ,....and only THEN i was told because of the newness of the account,.... i would need to send them a copy of my driver's license, the name and contact info of the buyer,....and proof of delivery and satisfaction of the buyer.

....as the guitar was still in transit i had to wait another 3 or 4 days for that to take place. Even after all the requirements were met, and now over two more weeks have passed,....i was told in their latest email i will have the funds by 6-17-10 AM

.....that's 26 days,.....

Below are some of the emails i sent and recieved responces,.....(sometimes several days elapsed before i heard back),...to give you the not so flattering picture of this company and their "service",......and i would NOT recommend them to my worst enemy!

......expect them to fail eventually with this level of customer service!!!!!

The last email i recieved today at the top mentioned:

QUOTE:
"Your funds have been processed manually. They should arrive 06/17/10 AM."

Yep,.....processed "manually" in my book means done by hand,.....

.......fed up and spreading the word.

Joseph Tousignant

=================================================
Flag this messageRe: GPal SUPPORT Ticket [#338779] SUPPORT TICKET: [email protected]sday, June 15, 2010 3:54 AMFrom: "Joseph Tousignant" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: "GPal Support" <[email protected]>

Yeah,....that's almost 2 full weeks since the funds were "released",....what a joke!

It's also been about a month since my transfer request was initially started, and listed on my account as having been completed!)

Look at the quote from your email below....

"Thank you for choosing GPal, the leader in transaction-neutral payment processing."

..............if only that were true,.....but an even bigger joke. "Leader".......what a company ego.

Just saying something doesn't make it true,......it has to be followed up with actions.

Gunpal is using members funds for the float.....of that i am certain.

.....hell of a way to run and grow a business.

disgusted,
Joseph Tousignant

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, GPal Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: GPal SUPPORT Ticket [#338779] SUPPORT TICKET: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 1:33 AM

Support Ticket #338779

Dear JOSEPH TOUSIGNANT,

Your funds have been processed manually. They should arrive 06/17/10 AM.

Your business is extremely important to us, we sincerely hope this response has answered your questions. If not, please reply directly to this email or create another ticket via the support request on the GPal website.

Thank you for choosing GPal, the leader in transaction-neutral payment processing.

- The GPal Support Team.
http://www.gpal.net/
[email protected]

Subject: Re: GPal SUPPORT Ticket [#338779] SUPPORT TICKET: [email protected]
To: "GPal Support" <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 11:55 AM

Well,....as of 6-9-10 the $4000.00 transfer into my bank account STILL has not shown up. (there is a later $450.00 transfer i'm awaiting also).

I must say that informing me the funds have been released,.....and actually getting the funds into my account,....are two vastly different things!

This has proven to be one of the most frustrating experiences of my life,......between not informing me of the delay in the 1st place until i contacted you after 6 days initially,....

......then having to wait another week while the guitar i sold had to arrive to the buyer and you had to verify that also,.....

.......and now almost another week has gone by since you "released" the funds,.....and still no money into my account.

.......for sure this is a great way to build a business!

I'm told paypal takes TWO DAYS to transfer funds into a bank account,.....the same as it takes for a transfer when i pay a bill online thru my bank account. I'm not lloking to be a cash flow "float" part of any business,....thank you.

These long and unnecessary delays to actually recieve payment are unacceptable! It cost me well over $100 to use your service on this one transaction,....and after almost 3 weeks i'm still waiting to get paid.

.......next time i'll pick up the overnight express fee and have US Postal Money Orders sent to my home. I'll be paid the next day with none of these riduculous and unreasonable delays.

I would have thought that because of the initial delay,...of which i was NOT even informed,.....would have caused someone in your company to expediate the actual transfer into my account when you finally "released" my funds.

I was looking for that to happen,.......it has not,.......you have dropped the ball big time.

regards,
Joseph Tousignant

--- On Fri, 6/4/10, GPal Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Friday, June 4, 2010, 7:53 PM

Support Ticket #338779

Dear JOSEPH TOUSIGNANT,

Hello Joseph, thank you for the information concerning receipt of the guitar by your buyer. We have released your funds. Occasionally a buyer's CC bank will verify information, especially on large transactions, though it is not a common practice.

Your business is extremely important to us, we sincerely hope this response has answered your questions. If not, please reply directly to this email or create another ticket via the support request on the GPal website.

Thank you for choosing GPal, the leader in transaction-neutral payment processing.

- The GPal Support Team.
[email protected]

From: "Joseph Tousignant" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: "GPal Support" <[email protected]>Another day gone by and STILL my bank account has NOT been credited with the $4,000.00 in funds that were supposed to have originally been transfered almost 2 weeks ago. (not to mention another $450.00 bank transfer i initiated yesterday)

I tought i made it clear a few days ago that ALL of the issues your bank was concerned about had been resolved.

I sent you all the necessary information on myself,....and the buyer of the guitar from which the majority of this $4,000.00 funds transfer originated.

......and STILL i have no funds in my bank account! Not even a response from you in 2 days even!

.....possible i am looking for a resolution to this matter in the wrong area,......and a search for a class action lawyer might be more appropriate.

I am fed up with your not so accomodating "customer support" BS and lack of meaningfull response.

Joseph Tousignant

--- On Wed, 6/2/10, Joseph Tousignant <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 1:21 PM

WELL????????

.......have you checked that delivery of the guitar was made and was satisfactory?

Geeze,....this is totally rediculous. I have bills due friday and if late,......i'll expect YOU to pay the late fees!

Joseph Tousignant

--- On Tue, 6/1/10, Joseph Tousignant <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 3:41 PM

Hi,....please take note of the email below from the buyer of my guitar,.....that he was very pleased with it. If you feel the need to contact him yourself please do so TODAY,....so that i can have my funds asap! Enough is enough.

You might also check the previously sent UPS tracking number that i sent in a previous email to show it was delivered.

regards,
Joseph Tousignant

--- On Tue, 6/1/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Guild AA Shipped/Tracking #
To: "Joseph Tousignant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 3:00 PM

AA arrived in undamaged condition this morning. Everything is as you stated, beautiful instrument in excellent condition. Not a blemish I could detect on initial inspection. Georgeous wood and sound. I replaced the roundwounds it came with (very bright and lively, but I've always disliked the whizzing sounds they make) with D'Addario chrome jazz flatwound .011s. Gives a more mellow accoustic voice, with a lower volume. Great tone. I will cherish it, and play it often.

Great to do business with you Joe - 4stars............

Dave

--- On Tue, 6/1/10, GPal Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 3:49 AM

Support Ticket #338779

Dear JOSEPH TOUSIGNANT,

We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for supplying this information. Due to the size of this transaction and the age of the account, the bank needs to see evidence of delivery of merchandise before they will release the funds. This is done for everyone's protection and we thank you for your patience during this process.

- The GPal Support Team.
[email protected]

Re: GPal SUPPORT Ticket [#338779] SUPPORT TICKET: [email protected]urday, May 29, 2010 7:55 PMFrom: "Joseph Tousignant" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: "GPal Support" <[email protected]>Message contains attachments1 File (78KB)DSC00248_Smaller.jpgWHAT?

A week later and, although the funds "appear" in my account to have had a transfered to my bank account, (on YOUR end!).....are you telling me it has NOT been done yet! ***.......?

Unreal,....and frankly,....i should NOT have to do anything further than to request my freekin money,.......isn't that the way this is supposed to work? I'm REALLY ****** right now! You are not the only game in town, as you well know.

In the interest of getting this done on MONDAY (IMMEDIATELY,.....if you catch my drift!),.....i have included e-mails below regarding his purchase from me of a Guild Artist Award Archtop Guitar for $3,960.00

His name is David Wadiak, .... and his email address is [email protected]

The guitar was shipped on 5-24-10 via UPS Ground,......and is due to arrive early this coming week to the buyer. As it has not yet arrived to it's destination,.....i doubt the buyer can be of much help to you. (not to mention a gross invasion of both his and my privacy!)

The UPS tracking number is 1z120x800380312784

I will attach a photo of my New York State Driver's License also.

I trust this will end "the confusion" on YOUR end. Get the transfer done!!!!

regards,
Joseph Tousignant

--- On Sat, 5/29/10, GPal Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 7:04 PM

Support Ticket #338779

Dear JOSEPH TOUSIGNANT,

We are sorry for any confusion, but we still need more information on the transactions that led to this withdrawal.

1. A description of the goods or services sold.
2. Confirmation of delivery and contact info of customers.
3. a copy of your Driver's license.

Please provide the above as soon as possible in order that we may transfer these funds to your bank account, once again we apologize for the delay.

- The GPal Support Team.

[email protected]

Flag this messageRe: Guild AA Shipped/Tracking #
Monday, May 24, 2010 3:11 PMFrom: "Joseph Tousignant" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: [email protected]
Hi Dave,....the AA shipped this afternoon UPS ground. You made out well on the shipping!

Because you are on the west coast and the box had to be the biggest they make,.....shipping alone was $68.58 plus $35.10 for $3,900.00 of insurance plus $3.77 fuel surcharge,......or a toal of $107.34

......and www.gunpal .com got their share also,......around $112.00 as i recall.

......who said selling guitars was easy! .....geeze.....

Please let me know when it arrives.

Here's the tracking number:

1z120x800380312784

thanks,

Joseph Tousignant

Subject: Re: Guild AA Payment Arrived...
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 5:40 PM

excellent. good doing business with you. The AA will 'round out' my Guild collection. I will let you know of any problems that might arise.

have a great day.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:35:06 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Guild AA Payment Arrived...

Hi Dave,...just got the confirmation of payment.

The AA will ship via UPS ground on monday to the address below,....and i will email you the tracking number at that time.

Thank you for the purchace,....you will love this guitar!

Joe T

--- On Sat, 5/22/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Guild AA Payment options...
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 5:23 PM

Gunpal account set up and $3960 sent to you via VISA card. please confirm receipt of funds.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 1:23:59 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Guild AA Payment options...

Hi,...i'm not a business so a not set up to take a CC directly. That's why i suggested you could sign up for and use www.gunpal.com , and visa works there also

. It works similiar to paypal (pay to an email address),...but is easier to set up and less restrictive on certain items such as gun items. Weekends don't matter on the internet. I haven't used paypal since 2002 when they stole $3,000 out of my account because a person paying me was selling on ebay and not delivering. This was a full week after i recieved payment!

In vindication i did get back $900 a few years ago in the big class action lawsuit (once ebay bought them out),...but will not use them again,....leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Hence i now use www.gunpal.com for any CC payments.

Otherwise just send several postal money orders (they max at $1,000 each) to my address way down below.

One advantage of the gunpal payment is i could ship on monday!

Also,...pass along your address so that i can get it boxed up and ready to ship.

thanks,

Joseph Tousignant

--- On Sat, 5/22/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Guild AA final figure
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 4:08 PM

OK, $3960.00, its a deal.

I would like to use my VISA if you can manage this form of payment. If this is acceptable to you, I prefer dislosure via phone on Monday 5/24/2010. I dont want to transfer CC info on a weekend when the actual electronic transfer will not go through. I suggest we can talk on Monday am and I can give you the card number and other pertinent info. Otherwise I can purchase a mail order and send it through certified USPS mail return receipt, but you wont receive it until late in the week. Let me know.

Dave

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; June 15, 2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Skirting the language filter; crude sexual content
Old June 15, 2010, 10:12 AM   #25
sksmatt

Sorry to hear about all your Gpal trouble joejeweler......hope it gets worked out for you.

Just do a Google search on Gpal/Gunpal problems...they are starting to pop up on many forums now...lots of customers are missing funds.
Closed Thread