The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 30, 1999, 02:41 PM   #1
leedesert

I know this belongs in another forum but I didn't get to much response there. I'm looking to purchase a pump 20 guage for the house. The wife will be primary user. Don't want to spend to much either. Any suggestions.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Old July 30, 1999, 04:40 PM   #2
Skorzeny

I suggest either a Remington 870 Youth in 20 guage (13" pull stock, 21" VR barrel with Rem-Choke) or a Remginton 1100 LT-20 Youth (also 13" pull stock and 21" VR barrel with Rem-Choke). Both are short, light and handy guns, good for women and those who are short-statured.

I got a similar gun for my wife (Remington 870 Express in 20 guage, stock cut to 12 1/2" pull, barrel cut to 18 1/4" and a light-gathering bead installed). She loves it now. She likes the fact that she get hit things much more easily than with a handgun!

It's too bad that Benelli or Beretta doesn't make 20 gauge versions of their riot guns.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Old July 31, 1999, 01:59 PM   #3
Sid Post

Remington Experss 870 20 gauge is a great place to start. $200 retail when on sale at the big sports stores in Texas.

The 20 gauge is cut slightly smaller then the 12 gauge so, it fits me better. If it is still to long for her, cutting the stock back is an option that shouldn't break the bank.

Sid