The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 2, 2006, 09:44 AM   #1
papajohn

Browning BPS takedown manual

Where can I get a manual or procedures for take down on a BPS Waterfowl Deluxe manufactured in 1991?

Thanks, John
Old August 2, 2006, 10:35 AM   #2
mete

I'm sure Browning would be happy to send you one .In fact there are some on the Browning website.
Old August 2, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3
papajohn

I found a copy of the owner's manual on their website, but it doesn't go much beyond how to remove and replace the barrel.
Old August 2, 2006, 01:43 PM   #4
mete

That's a bummer !! Dirt and powder residue will get into the action, how do they expect you to clean it ??[spraying lube into the gun does not remove dirt.] I usually find a way to take guns apart but that depends on your knowledge. Most pumps and autos can easily be taken apart by taking out the pins in the receiver .Then the trigger group and bolt can be removed easily and everything cleaned. You might try www.brownells.com they have some disassembly books .....Cd are available - www.emilitarymanuals.com ...an exploaded view is on - www.stevespages.com/pdf/browning_bps122028.pdf ...From the exploded view the two pins on the receiver should be holding on to the receiver parts .From some comments i've seen it may not be easy !! This gun is made like the Ithaca 37.

Last edited by mete; August 2, 2006 at 04:00 PM.