The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 22, 2010, 09:33 AM   #1
neoseikan

Are you using Surefire P60 lights as weapon lights?

Recently, I got interested in designing weapon lights.
got one model for some weapon dealer a few months ago,
and 2 models of P60 LED dropin modules for Surefire flashlights this week.

Some guys in CPF told me that many people use P60 lights such as Surefire 6P as their weapon lights, and in pistol, they are Surefire X200 and Streamlight TLR series.

Well, I hope to produce some upgrading module for them too.
For X200, it's easier, I can use the recent dropin design, or produce a new turbo head, but for TLR, that's quite hard, it can not be upgraded by changing a head.

What kind of weapon light are you using now? Is it easy to get a module for you to upgrade?

Old June 24, 2010, 01:36 PM   #2
demigod

P60 style lights are very good weapon lights. Good mounts like this Gear Sector mount make P60s a great choice.

Old June 28, 2010, 04:45 AM   #3
neoseikan

Anyone have the experience on pistol weapon lights?
Does it make the gun heavy?
Is the operation way feeling good?
Old July 25, 2010, 02:17 PM   #4
cybor462

I just got one that works on my Glock rail and my shotgun. Insight SSL It is very light and bright. For me it does not make me notice anything. I am use to lasers on the Glock rail so that may be why the light is not noticed.
Old July 25, 2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Hoskins

I use a tac light on my Glock 23 & it doesn't affect my shooting at all. The only thing I dislike is the fact about it is trying to find a holster for it...just don't want to spend the $$$$.

Secondly, I use a P60 Surefure on my Rock River Arms M4 Entry Tactical. I bought an after market pressure switch & have it applied on my verticle hand grip...works great!
Old July 25, 2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Double Naught Spy

P60 may be the module size, but the lamps and circuitry have changed quite a bit. Instead of the original 60-80 lumens, you get more like 120-200 lumens and the lights are LED and not xenon.

There are a lot of P60 supplies available out there in a lot of varieties. It is a standard that a lot of people like because of the size and standardization. I can switch out a P60 white light module with an IR module on my rifle and got hog hunting at night with night vision. That is pretty nifty.

A lot of folks like the 1" diameter tubes because they can be mounted to rails readily with inexpensive 1" scope mounts.