The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 20, 2001, 08:32 AM   #1
abrahamsmith

Anyone know anyone who makes custom Kydex holsters, etc, in southern WI or nearby?
Old April 22, 2001, 09:01 PM   #2
MusHraeddur

not sure about the area there...but blade-tech makes excellent kydex style holsters. they will ship to you in a about 7 days, so the wait isn't too long. you can go online and check out their products and they will be more than happy to send you a nice color catalog via mail. their web address is:

http://www.blade-tech.com

hope that helps a little...sorry i didn't answer the question about any local places that sell kydex holsters
Old April 23, 2001, 04:19 PM   #3
skevlar

Don't know why one would limit their search for "Custom" Kydex? You can get true Custom work/fitting done from Ky-Tac @ http://hometown.aol.com/kytac Cen-Dex @ http://www.cen-dex.com and MD Labs {aka "Mad Dog"} @ http://www.mdenterprise.com/holsters.htm Ky-Tac comes with screw tension adj. built in. The later two will build to suit your retention requirements for CCW, IDPA, etc. from very secure to speed for straight competition or in-between. All 3 makers hand mold & hand finish to a real "live" pistol not an aluminum slug, etc. You don't pay anymore than the mass produced, sometimes junk, sharp-edged "waffle-iron", unfinished or "cookie-cutter" Kydex that's often "Thick as a Brick" with poor retention and very marginal to unacceptable belt loop design, etc. If they don't get the retention just as you specify they will re-work the holster for you.
Old April 23, 2001, 04:22 PM   #4
abrahamsmith

Why Custom? 22!

I'm looking for custom because I'm looking for a holster for a .22 target/hunting pistol. (The simple nylon holsters are Gander Mountain, et al, are tolerable, but I'd really like something good and secure for long hikes.)

It's been my impression that almost no one makes kydex for a .22, since its' considered a "tactical" accesory...

Old April 24, 2001, 07:16 AM   #5
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Billings Mt would be the closest quality custom maker I know of.

Frank Piper worked in my custom shop for more then 2 years and produced premium quality work. Frank is still active duty Navy and is attached to the Reserve Marine Recon unit in Billings. He has nearly 20 years time all with Special ops. He is more then worth contacting.

[email protected]

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old April 24, 2001, 07:31 AM   #6
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

“You don't pay anymore than the mass produced, sometimes junk, sharp-edged "waffle-iron", unfinished or "cookie-cutter" Kydex that's often "Thick as a Brick" with poor retention and very marginal to unacceptable belt loop design, etc.”

skevlar

Who are you talking about with this statement? No mass produced Kydex holster I know of fits that description.

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com