The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 19, 2006, 05:30 PM   #1
Callron

Browning 22 Auto

Hello group, new member here. Was organizing the garage this week and came across a Browning 22 Auto loader rifle I bought when I was a kid in the late 50's. I last remember firing it in the early 60's, then cleaned/oiled and put away and forgotten over the years. I remember now how much I liked this model and don't think you could buy anything for 69.50 at Sears that would provide more enjoyment. Also, suprised to learn they are still in production in Japan.

Question: My model is the 22 LR Grade 1, from Belgium, serial number T 9303, which doesn't show up on Browning's serial number guide. Anyone know what year this rifle is?

Cheers, Ronzo
Old March 20, 2006, 12:19 PM   #2
RJay

T pre-fix 1956 untill mid 1961
Old March 21, 2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Draigg

Browning customer help

I have called the phone number on Browning's web site with a serial number before and they were able to give me exact information about the year and were happy to do it. You might give them a call.