The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 6, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1
spearman

Knoxville Gun Show

Anyone go to the Knoxville gun show this past weekend?Was there a line to get in?How were ammo prices?
Old May 8, 2013, 03:15 PM   #2
SunDog3478

A friend of mine went - showed up after noon - so no line.

He called me and asked if I wanted him to pick up a box of 9mm 115g FMJ American Eagle - 50 rds for $25. He said that seemed to be the going rate.

He also bought a holster for his M11 A1 and his brother was able to get some primers.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:01 AM   #3
smarquez

YIKES!!! I bought a couple boxes of that at Bass Pro earlier this year for $15 a box. It was about $9 before Sandyhook.
Old May 14, 2013, 07:18 AM   #4
ClydeFrog

Get ready for Freddy...

As I posted to another TFLer, I highly doubt handgun round prices or hand-loading/reloading equipment prices will fall back to pre-12/2012 rates due to a # of factors. Increases in production costs, raw materials, marketing/PR/legal affairs, S/H, taxes, etc may cause these prices to stay 10-20% higher even if things go back to "normal" .

There is a video on www.youtube.com of a few gun shop employees explaining how the logistics/sales process works. They(the gun shops & sporting goods store mgrs) have major problems with ammunition/shooting industry reps re: delivery, production, prices, etc.
These dist firms pass on the increases to the small business owners who in turn must jack up their prices to the customer(gun owners).
It's hard to believe these major companies like Corbon, Winchester, ATK, Hornady, etc can't meet the new demands but they are still way behind in 05/2013.

Prices may come down but won't be like $9.00-$12.00 USD for a box of 50rd 9x19mm .38spl .45acp .22LR etc.
Old June 8, 2013, 06:45 AM   #5
John Osborn

is it still worth going to the gun show today?

is it still work going to the gun show today I asked only because I have to go to a wedding with the wife but if I get up now get to the gun show and get back then I'll still have time to go to the wedding but she may be a little mad or anxious if I'm not back in time, for what she thinks is early enough to get ready, so wht I'm saying is,is it worth it :-) but anyways are there still good enough prices on guns and if there any ammo there or has all of this just killed the gun shows :-/ the last one I was able to go to was several years ago and it was fun a lot of guns and a lot of people walking around had good trades and prices for firearms I have 2Glocks that I have thought about taking down there to see Wht I could find but I'm not sure it's worth the trip I always enjoy looking at all the different types of set ups and everything but today would be a hunting for the right thing day so is it still worth going down there to get a btr deal on a trade or purchase??!! Has any 1 been to the last cple I'm not even sure when the last 1 was but how was it and lines? @9 on the dot? I can't wait till noon to go cab any help me ASAP on sum answers I'll hve to get up and go if I'm going