The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 6, 2002, 07:34 AM   #1
Lone Star

I'm Lone Star: who's he?

I've been posting here for some time as Lone Star. I live in Dallas. Today, I noticed that we have another Lone Star posting from Houston. Moderator: how did this happen? It's bound to confuse people!

Lone Star
Old August 6, 2002, 07:50 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

And how is this a revolver question? You should have posted this in the Suggestions and Questions forum. However, since we're here now, I'll answer it and move the thread there.

Actually there are 3 variations of "lone star" on TFL at this time. That happens because folks can't see all the other variations of a name when they choose one until they submit it and get it rejected, which is unfortunate. Any difference between names makes them unique to the system, i.e., a space in one name and not in the other, a slightly different spelling, a number added to the end.

Your name is "Lone Star", the member you are talking about is "LoneStar". You joined on Feb 10, 2002, LoneStar joined on March 10, 1999. He's got you by almost 3 years! So, in fact, you took his name, not the other way around. (The other lonestar joined Sept. 4, 2001).

Yes, it is possible for confusion, but it doesn't happen often. You wanna talk about duplicate names? You ought to see how many "glocks" we have.
Old August 6, 2002, 05:52 PM   #3
Lone Star

Mal-

I posted where I did because that's where I saw the issue arise, and where I most often post. Sorry: didn't think of putting it elsewhere. Wow! Three Lone Stars, varyng with case or spacing. Hope people don't get baffled. I was surprised when I chose that name that no one else already had it. Looks as if, in a sense, they did.

Thanks for the info. And apologies to LoneStar, whoever he is!

Lone Star
Old August 7, 2002, 04:03 PM   #4
Jason Demond

You could always ask to have your name changed. Rich did it for me a year or so ago and I didn't lose my post count.