The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 10, 2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Trapp

Getting guns around Canada

So I am on my way to Kodiak in 6 weeks. I don't plan on driving through the states without a gun or 4.

I am stopping in WA before I get on a ferry to Haines. From Haines (AK) I am going to drive to Homer. The only route is through Canada.

Here is the Million Dollhair question: How can I mail my guns to either Kodiak or Homer/Anchorage legally for pick-up on the way through!?!?
Old May 10, 2009, 03:13 PM   #2
oldcspsarge

You can mail unloaded rifles/shotguns to yourself. Handguns would have to go UPS or Fedex...shipped to yourself is OK per Federal Law...might be tough to get past counter personnel IF you let them know what it inside the box.

Rifles and shotguns can be driven thru Canada..in a locked case, declared and permit purchased at border crossing into Canada. App available on line...NO handguns.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:17 PM   #3
P5 Guy

Ferry Service

Is there ferry service from Washington state to Alaska? And will the service allow passage with firearms in a private automobile?
Old May 14, 2009, 09:50 PM   #4
v65magnafan

This May Help

Check this out:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...visite-eng.htm

It's unbelievable. All that, and the drug gangs are still shooting up Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary.

BTW. The Democrat's gun law proposals are more or less copied from Canada's.
“One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time.” Jeff Cooper
Old May 16, 2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Trapp

i've done all the research on transporting through canada and have decided I won't give them my money. I just need to figure out how to mail them to myself if I don't have an address. I know my work won't accept shipment and I won't have a house until aftyer I get there.

maybe mail them to a gun shop so I can pick them up on my way through anchorage??? (Ken?!)
Old May 27, 2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Trapp

OK.........

I really can't believe I didn't get the help I needed

For future reference (after a lot of research!!!) I found a quite obvious and simple solution.

Air freight! Alaska (airlines) air cargo or Northern Air Cargo, or a few other small operations.
For around 60 cents to $1 a lb I can have it air shipped without out dealing with Canadian gun laws!!!!