The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 28, 2007, 05:57 PM   #1
AdamSean

Footwork and the optimal position

To begin, I am not an experienced LEO, but I do believe I have discovered something useful in the training against multiple attackers. I have studied martial arts for many years and have been using principles of them without even knowing it. In the martial arts we are taught that one cannot have a good punch without a good stance. Footwork is essential. I believe that it may be beneficial for us all to take some type of empty hand self defense training to better our footwork and to learn how to achieve the optimal position to handle one's self with the minimal damage to yourself.

Has anyone heard of this before and where may I find some more information on it?
Old November 28, 2007, 11:31 PM   #2
Sweatnbullets

Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny of "The Dog Brothers."

Check into his "Die Less Often" DVD.

There has been a lot of work lately in regards to footwork. It is really my specialty as far as the gun goes. But Marc has looked at it in regards to martial arts, knife, stick, and gun.