The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 22, 2015, 12:55 PM   #1
fire4606

WVSig, Hi Power sight question for you

I notice many of the pics you post of Hi Powers have what appear to be Novaks on them...

Ive got a MK III that i want to install new Novaks on, curious what your recomendation is as far as how to go about it, ive got local gunsmiths but wondering if im better off to just send Novak my slide, oe what you have found to work best...
Old October 22, 2015, 07:45 PM   #2
WVsig

Send your slide to Novak. The MKIII will require minor machining to make the dovetail the right size. You can send just the slide and save on the shipping. Should be $85 + price of the sights + return shipping.

http://www.novaksights.com/products/.../bhpmkIII.html

Turn time is usually a week or two. With Novak you know it will be done right. They will touch up the slide so you will never know they milled it. People send them slides all the time and get back a gun perfectly sighted in assuming the sights were properly aligned when you sent it in.

If you trust your local smith and they know what they are doing you can buy the sights and have them install them. It really comes down to how much you trust the local and can they properly machine the slide.

Mine have all been installed my high quality smiths who do it all the time like Jim West of Wild West Guns or Novak.
Old October 25, 2015, 01:15 PM   #3
fire4606

Thank you sir
Old October 27, 2015, 02:55 PM   #4
fire4606

Sent it off today to Novak. MK III, C&S sear, hammer, wide trigger, Esmeralda grips and now finally the Novaks should be the final mod for this one.

Last edited by fire4606; October 27, 2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old October 27, 2015, 05:03 PM   #5
WVsig

It should look great with Novaks.