The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old May 19, 2005, 05:12 PM   #1
DennyB

Training in Indiana

Does anyone know where in NorthWest Indiana There is a place to go for CCW traing.IE: All types of good carry tatctics etc.
Old May 19, 2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Terry Twit

If you don't mind driving to Lebanon, you can get some world-class instruction at the Boone County Sheriff's Department - Captain Campbell brings in guys like Pat Rogers, Steve Tarani, Louis Awerbuck, and other folks like that. Worth the trip.... though it is hard on my bank account
Old May 20, 2005, 07:36 AM   #3
Erich

Just follow KSFreeman around, and you'll hit the good ones.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:57 AM   #4
KSFreeman

Hi, Denny, where are you? Lake or Porter County?

Mas Ayoob/LFI comes to Winamac. One of his instructors is a cop in Rochester, Indiana and holds classes at his place in Fulton County.

The Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club in Lafayette holds NRA classes. My alter ego El Tejon lectures there. Well, lecture, more like a quasi-controlled rant. It's not a good lecture unless El Tejon froths at the mouth and rolls around on the ground.

Down 65 the Boone County Sheriff's Department hosts many instructors including dashing, daper THE Pat Rogers, Louis Awerbuck, Steve Tarani, etc., inter alia.

Many other opportunities about, just have to keep your eyes open. E.g., if you don't mind a little drive MidWest Training Group hosts many classes in Bloomington, Illinois.

PM me if you have any questions. BTW, we don't have CCW classes here, they are LTCH classes!
Old May 25, 2005, 01:14 AM   #5
poortrader

I just took the NRA basic pistol class just south of INDY. The instructor also has an advance firearms course. I didn't have time for it this month, but perhaps next month. It's offered the third weekend of each month. The instructors says he offers more than what is listed by the NRA.

NRA Life Member