The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 27, 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
ssilicon

Considering Weaver scope

Wanted to get opinions on this product I am considering:

Weaver model 800360 tactical scope. A link to it is here:

http://www.weaver-mounts.com/optics/.../tactical.aspx

I know there are other options out there, but I can get a substantial discount off retail on this. So unless it is crap, it will be a top contender for me. So is it good, is it junk, or...?
Old March 27, 2009, 12:52 PM   #2
sholling

Are they even available yet? I'm a fan of Weaver optics as great bang for the buck scopes but I don't know anyone that's even seen one of these in person yet. Be sure to let us know how you like it.
Old March 27, 2009, 09:32 PM   #3
ssilicon

You are right. I just found out they are not available yet but probably will be in a couple of months. I got some inside info I probably can't share but it sounds like they are going to be really good units. I will let everyone know what I think if I end up with one.
Old March 27, 2009, 10:06 PM   #4
JohnBrowningIII

Weaver always made really good scopes. I liked their old all steel models. My father in law is a old dog he bought one out from under me after I made a coment about it. I went back to buy the thing and it was gone.....Any ways if they are as good as their GrandSlam series but with tactical features then I do not see why it would not work great for you.

I am not like most people. I usualy look at a product's design, it's specifications, the reputation of the company and it's other products. Then if the price is right I go for it. I am not brand loyal. I refuse to pay the absurd prices that some will pay for a scope. I usualy buy either brand new products to market or proven work horse's that are on the clearance shelf at large retailer's like Gander Moutain and Cabella's etc..... A lot of people are just snob's about equipment in general and they have to have the in name brand or the best and greatest. I almost never get what I want but I always get a good deal. My tactical rifle has a Sightron Tactical scope on it I bought about 8 year's ago for under $200 new no one had heard of them. My Burris Signature series 3-9X $149 on clearance 10 years ago, A Burris FullField II $79 on clearnace and so on.............My single shot 12 Guage Slug Gun has a Simmons Aetex 2.8-9X on it again on clearance. I would feel comfortable going to war with anyof them. So if you can get that Weaver at a discount do let me know when they come out. If you can get more then one at that discounted price let me know I might be interested in haveing you purchase one for me! I am on a tight budget and need to put a rifle together for my oldest boy soon.