The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 28, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1
JW74

Trijicon ACOG 3x Optic

Hello, I have a question about the value of a Trijicon ACOG 3x scope. My brother's friend just brought one back from Afghanistan. It was given to him by one of the guys in the supply dept over there. It's military issue, and he said it was made in Africa or something like that but oddly has some Christian passage engraved on it. It has only light use and is in excellent shape. The soldier it belongs too was wondering what the value of it may be? Thanks for any help.

-JW
Old July 28, 2010, 01:19 AM   #2
ScottRiqui

Never heard anything about ACOGs being made in Africa, but most of Trijicon's models have references to Bible verses "hidden" on them. All of the verses have to do with "light".
Old July 28, 2010, 02:51 PM   #3
JW74

Thanks for the response. I was misinformed and had it confused. You are right it was not made in Africa. I found out that many of the sights over there that had the verses have been taken out of circulation for PC reasons.

Just to clarify it was not the same sight he used on his duty rifle and is not stolen gov't property like a couple of clowns accused on another message board. He just has no use for it now that he is home after 3 tours and was thinking of selling it. Thanks again.

Last edited by JW74; July 28, 2010 at 02:59 PM.