The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 22, 2006, 05:30 PM   #1
peanutlover

Pointshooting and CQC in Southern California

Hello all.

Would anyone be interested in learning the shooting method taught to British commandos, American OSS operatives and countless American troops during WWII? Also, unarmed fighting using the dirty tactics taught to these same combatants.

I'm considering setting-up a training seminar or shooting school where these close quarter combat tactics and techniques will be demonstrated.

Please let me know of your interest.
Old March 22, 2006, 08:46 PM   #2
peanutlover

self-taught

Further clarification. I'm teaching myself these techniques and tactics. So far my results are very good. I believe strongly that these methods would be useful to all who carry pistols for self-defense.

I'm considering teaching others what I've learned. It can be world-changing and attitude adjusting. The square-range mentality needs to be broadened to include a 'kill or be killed' instinct.

Also, after years of martial arts training and practice, I've grown to learn that the 'dirty' tricks and tactics taught to the Brits and the OSS in WWII are possibly more effective and easy to master for the everyday Joe or Jane. I intend to pass on what I've learned in this regard, also.

I've not finalized my plans for instruction. I've not acquired premises for said instruction. I'm asking if anyone in the Southern California area is interested enough for me to pursue offering this instruction.

Thanks for the responses