The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 12, 2009, 07:35 PM   #1
boatmonkey82

busted mohawk 48

i have just gotten a old remington mohawk 48 12 ga . i think some one has attempted a full auto on it and has fouled it up . i took the assy out of my speedmaster and the look identical other than a bit of size , it looks like a small tab is missing off of the catch by the hammer spring ' hard to explain' . can it be fixed via small bead of weld ? it seems to work the trigger reset device . can this model even be converted or do i just need to shut up and start trying to find some parts ?
Old January 12, 2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Lee Lapin

Number one, it could be considered a felony (the charge is known as "suborning a felony" or even "conspiracy") to talk about any illegal conversion of a semiauto to anything else. I say this because of your question, "can this model even be converted...".

My best answer is that you have a broken shotgun and need to get it fixed. Yes, I would say new or replacement parts are in order- I doubt weld will work. Find a good gunsmith...

lpl
Old January 12, 2009, 08:05 PM   #3
TheManHimself

Remember these two simple rules when looking for someone to reweld it:

1.) Anything made of metal can be repaired by a good welder given sufficient time.

2.) Anything made of metal can be destroyed by an inexperienced welder in no time at all.
Old March 6, 2009, 02:06 AM   #4
rc

trigger parts???

Have you tried to see if 870 or 1100 parts are interchangeable. The disconnector and hammer is probably a common part.