The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 17, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
EdInk

Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock

I just got an Urbino Tactical Stock for my Remington 870. I installed it this afternoon and so far I am really liking it a lot. (It comes with a Limbsaver buttpad that I think is going to make recoil a bit better too.)

I have not gotten to actually fire it with the stock yet. (Plan to go out with it next week of weather permits a range trip.) The fit and finish are great from what I can tell and the install was super easy.

IMHO it is MUCH nicer than the SpeedFeed stock offered from factory on certain models. I also considered their basic extra shell carrier but it didn't look like enough of an improvement over my old StarTac shell carrier, so I passed on ordering one of them. (They do make one that also has a picatinny rail built into it that looked nice but I like to keep my shotgun pretty utilitarian.)
Old November 22, 2015, 08:40 PM   #2
turtlehead

Thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has an opinion on this aftermarket stock.

Just got a Benelli SuperNova and the LOP is unusually long at 14.5". It doesn't shoulder naturally.

Any other options available?
Old December 3, 2015, 06:44 PM   #3
turtlehead

So I ordered the stock and it came in today.

Just installed it and it's a completely different feeling gun. It shoulders quickly with the reduced (12.5") LOP. This stock came with the LimbSaver recoil pad and it looks and feels like it should work well. I hope so because the SuperNova stock handled recoil like a dream.

Playing hooky tomorrow to go out to the desert to shoot.

I'll report back in another 3 years.
Old December 7, 2015, 03:28 PM   #4
turtlehead

Due to overwhelming demand and the need to leave some information for posterity on this wildly popular aftermarket stock, I'm back for the final installment.

The gun handles great. It doesn't handle recoil as well as the specially designed SuperNova stock but I guess that was to be expected. Benelli claims a 20% reduction in perceived recoil over all other stocks. And it is pretty impressive in that regard. But the Benelli stock was freakishly long and that wasn't going to work for me.

I'm happy with the Mesa Tactical. The recoil reduction is more than acceptable. I would recommend this stock for those wishing to reduce the LOP on a Benelli SuperNova.

Four of my friends have shot this gun in the last week and they all give it a thumbs up.

I've had such a great time blasting with the 12 gauge over the last month that I went out and picked up a new 870 Police Magnum on Sunday just because. I'll be putting a Magpul stock on this one and it may end up as my new home defense long gun.

Happy destruction, friends.