The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 21, 2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Blind Tree Frog

Winchester Model 250 -- Replacing firing pin/spring

My grandfather asked me to poke around for this infromation and so far I have been failing him. hopefully you guys can help.

He has a Winchester Model 250 lever action .22 long or short (ok, enough key owrds for future searches). He believes that the firing pin and spring needs to be replaced, howeer he doesn't have insturctions for dissassembly and reassembly nor does he have the part numbers for those parts.

Searching online I'm finding manuals for the rifle for $5~10 but I'm not sure these will have the info that he's looking for. I did manage to find a post on another forum where "Weasel" at one point posted a pic that might work, but he's since removed it from his photobucket account. Since he hasn't posted there in 2 years, approaching him there seems to be a poor option.

An archived version of Steve's Page does not seem to have the manual.

Checking Winchester's site, they don't seem to have a manual online either and a comment on another of their pages makes me wonder if they still have the needed parts anyhow. Checking their list of suppliers they list Nu-line, but that web page doesn't seem to reference the 250 at all.

So now I turn to you guys. Have I over looked something simple and obvious?
Old December 28, 2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Blind Tree Frog

bumping just this once.
Old December 28, 2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Blind Tree Frog

incase anyone else is looking for this info in the future, at least a partial answer

Jack First, Inc.
1201 Turbin Drive
Rapid City , SD 57701
ph 605-343-8481

They make the firing pin, and they have a spring as well. Rougly $37 for both plus shipping it sounds like, but don't hold me to that price since it may change and I'm just putting it here for the hell of it. For an extra $3 they'll include a parts list with an exploded diagram of the gun.