The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 4, 2013, 01:34 AM   #76
vkeith

I have owned a NAA Mini Mag for over fifteen years. I bought it with both cylinders thinking that I could do a lot of cheap practicing with the LR cylinder, and use the mag. cylinder for carry.

The only time I even use the LR cylinder any more is when I'm going out in the woods, and want to have snake shot handy. I have several .22LR pistols that are much better suited to plinking than the Mini.

The advantage of the Mini is that it will deep conceal like no other handgun. Heck, I even forget I'm carrying it, sometimes, because it's about the size and weight of a big key ring with a dozen or so keys on it.

Of course, the downside is that any .22 rimfire for SD is a huge compromise, but if the .22M gives me any advantage at all over the .22LR, especially out of a 1 5/8" barrel, then the cost of ammo isn't a factor.

I haven't done any testing between the differences in the rounds, and probably never will, but I sure do feel better knowing the potential is there if the situation arises.