The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2010, 11:48 AM   #1
shooter_from_show-me

Tech Sights

Just placed a order for a front and rear sight set for a Marlin. Looking to do some Appleseed Shoots with them. Any people out there that has experience with this. Are they easy to adjust and are they a solid piece of equipment(not cheaply built)?

Thanks!

NRA Life Member
Old February 3, 2010, 12:48 PM   #2
s002cjs

Got some for an Appleseed a couple years back. They're very solid and are great for learning. Hopefully you got an adjustment tool (sorry, been so long, I can't recall what type I got or where I even got it).

My biggest problem was failing to adequately attach it. Ended up having to reattach (using Loc-Tite that time) and re-sight in during the shoot.

Edit to add: It was their #TS155 adjustment tool that I got. It took a little getting used to due to a little flash on the metal of the tool, but once it was cleared up and I'd made some adjustments a couple times, it was quick and easy.
Old February 4, 2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Evyl Robot

I've bought two sets for the 10/22's in the household. They are GREAT! I would probably like to see a little crisper machining on them, but once installed, they do exactly what they are supposed to. I bet you'll love them.