The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 30, 2013, 12:40 AM   #1
tecuhma

VitaVouri OY Savutona Ruutia N3SH powder

I need some help in identifying this VitaVuroi Powder.
I was told that it can be used for pistol loads in 9mm,40 cal. and 45acp.
by the dealer who sold it to me. I E-mailed VitaVuroi and they could find no listing on this powder. I also consulted the 4th.Edition VitaVhouri reloading manual with no luck. The range master where I purchased this powder assured me that they use this powder for handguns at his range. (manatee gun club).I personally think it may be a shot gun powder simply by its designation N 3 SH Savutonta Ruutia Vihtavouri OY smokeless powder. I'm at a loss, can anyone shed some light on this powder for me ?[/B][/I][/B]
For safety sake I haven't broken the seal ,or even tried to use this powder. I have had great luck using Bulls-eye .
This coupled with Berrys DS plated bullets has been very successful for me in 9mm,40 cal, & 45ACP 115gr.9mm, 180gr.40 cal.,200gr.45 cal. ACP
Old December 30, 2013, 12:56 AM   #2
mmb713

Here's a link to an old issue of Rifle Magazine with some load data for that powder. Oh the wonders of Google...
Old March 23, 2014, 07:25 AM   #3
rebootit

Vihtavuori N-3sh and 9mm

I bought the same powder from the same place. Working up loads for my CZ 75 I have settled on 4.2gr loading 124gr Berrys plated and 4.6 with 115gr Berrys plated. Gun functions perfectly and not any excess smoke or flash. No crono but I am hitting POA just like when using tite group or power pistol.
Would this be my first choice in powder? No, but seeing how hard it is to find any of my favorites it will do.