The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 4, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Rustle in the Bushes

Loading problems- jamming(not like bob marley)

Im the proud owner of a 14" fabarm pump shotgun. I stinkin love it for its features, weight, its a fun gun that I keep around when I go camping in case of a zombie bear that doesnt respond to bear spray. Sadly it has a feeding problem that has occured 4-5 times, Ive never had this problem with my other pumps.

1. when loading shells into the tube it seems that the shell goes in and is locked in the mag as usual. It isnt because...

2. the shell comes loose out of the mag, usually when pumping. This causes the shell to fall into the loading port.

3. Now I must remove the barrel and strip the action, clear it out of the loading port and reassemble the gun. It gets locked in and I cant just eject it out of the side. Not a good scene for an emergency gun.

My thinking is the spring is too tight in there and causing the shells to pop out when people dont shove the shells in there. It doesnt happen to me too much cause I really jam em in there but it bothers me. I figure I should cut the spring a bit to relieve some of the tension- has anyone dealt with this before?
Old July 4, 2012, 01:38 PM   #2
zippy13

That gun isn't legal in the US, consequently you may not get very many responses. How are its Canadian sales?
Old July 4, 2012, 10:13 PM   #3
Rustle in the Bushes

should be a general shotgun question Ill see if anyones experienced this with their tubes/springs. Its pretty much an 870 action.

Sales are picking up- a while back noone knew what it was but thats definitely changing I think as folks see the features the gun has.
Old July 5, 2012, 02:23 AM   #4
TheKlawMan

Wild ass guess is bent shell stops. Perhaps some foreign mateial behind one.