The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 7, 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
deerslayer303

Classic Arms Customer Service needs help!

I just ordered a pistol from Classic Arms and at the end of the phone call I waited to hear the total amt that would be charged to my card and she never said anything about it. So right before she hung up I said excuse me what is my total. She said " oh sir its just a sub total right now. WHAT?? I said "how much is shipping? I got " you shipping will be AROUND $19.67. REALLY?? What kind of B.S. business practice is this???? so they will charge my card whatever they see fit??????? And 20.00 to ship from Charlotte NC area to Summerville SC REALLY?? I hope you guys on the west coast don't buy from these guys, your shipping will be more than the GUN!!!!!!

B.S. I say

Thanks for listening to my rant
Old February 7, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2
RedBowTies88

shipping a pistol is not like shipping a box of chocolate. even if its only down the street.

I've dealt with them numerious times now and they've always been very curtious, helpful, and reasonable with shipping.

Now, that said whatever system they have at the order phone can not give you exact shipping until its sent. They've always givin me approx shipping and my real shipping has always been $2-3 lower.

Great company if you like C@R guns..... would never hesitate to order from them again

P.S. shipping my saiga to NJ was <$20 and my pistol wasn't a whole lot more
Old February 7, 2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Having inexact shipping totals is not all that uncommon. Powder Valley does it. What's the big deal? It's not like it's an unknown company telling you "eh, might be $20, might be $500".

Around $19. Close enough. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old February 7, 2012, 09:52 AM   #4
deerslayer303

I see your point. But a round about total would be helpful, I just don't like surprises in my bank account.
Old February 7, 2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

That's understandable... Call it $30 and fix it when it clears your account.
Old February 7, 2012, 10:00 AM   #6
RedBowTies88

if a $3 suprise in your bank account is going to have an effect I dare say you may be involved in the wrong hobby

They charge actual shipping, which is nice. you only have to pay what they pay UPS no handleing fee or any of that crap
Old February 7, 2012, 10:15 AM   #7
deerslayer303

No a 3 dollar surprise will not make me starve, but when you order the 1895 which I did. I wanted hand select and a Tula manufacturer so I had no idea if I was paying 10 for hand select and another 10 for Tula. The listing for the nagant revolver is confusing on this. And they are in a hurry to get off the phone they were that way even yesterday when I ordered a Type 53 I got the same deal on the phone then too. I do understand they are busy. I didn't order online because the right upgrade code for hand select and Tula were not on the list.
A simple " Sir, your total comes to 139.62, give or take a few dollars because we have to estimate shipping cost until the order actually ships" would have been perfectly fine.

Not "what would you like to order?' I want blah blah blah " credit card number?' "FFL?" blah blah blah "ok have a nice day?'
Old February 7, 2012, 10:20 AM   #8
RedBowTies88

that is strange, but if you were treated that way that is indeed unacceptiable.

I've placed a half dozen orders with them and always had a very nice lady on the phone explain everything to me then give me a total give or take a couple bucks.

I had no issues figuring out the nagant bit though, $99 for izzy $110 for izzy hand select or tula non hand select, $120 for tula hand select...
Old February 7, 2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Oh. Well that sounds like a completely different complaint than I got from the OP. It sounded like they had a subtotal but were unsure of the exact shipping.

Still, it sounds like a matter of $10? Either $10 hand select and $10 "tula" or only one $10 charge.
Old February 8, 2012, 04:38 PM   #10
Don P

I will and do concur that when I have ordered from them the woman on the phone seems to have the attitude that you are bothering her when placing the order. The 3 times I have dealt with her she was very short, impolite, and what appeared to be bothered by me and my questions.
That truly sucks when you are spending your money with a company.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:25 PM   #11
rdmallory

I have ordered from them before and got the same answer on the phone.
Because they charge actual shipping rates, not some bogus handling charge and shipping.

I think the going rate for a pistol is $30-35 from most sites. So I would consider $20 a bargain. Bu you are correct UPS/FedEX/USPS are going to charge you air rates and more than likely the package was never put on a plane between NC and SC.

Doug