The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 17, 2000, 09:44 PM   #1
pax

Rich,

The new software looks good and it looks as though you've put a lot of work into it. A few picky little complaints follow -- you asked for feedback, right?

1) It'd be good if the threads were color coded for which have been read and which haven't;

and

2) When looking at the 'topics' page, the thread titles are hard to read because the column is too skinny; for example, a post titled "To Gunslinger, about your belly bands" takes up three lines. Can you scootch the columns so that the topic space is bigger and who posted last is smaller? Might make it easier to skim topics.

Overall, a pleasing change. Thanks for your hard work!

pax

------------------
"Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed." -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein
Old October 18, 2000, 12:13 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

The threads are color coded the same as here:
If there's new posts, they're black.
If there's no new posts, they're black.
The discerning feature is the colored foldres, same as here.

I agree about that first column....I've tried to clean it up, but without success. I know there's a solution, though.
Rich
Old October 18, 2000, 10:20 AM   #3
Eric of IN

So I can have any color folder I want, as long as it's black?
Eric