The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 7, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
AL45

Out shot with my own guns.

My oldest son, my son-in-law and I went shooting on July 4th. I shoot a lot more than they do, but it sure didn't show. We shot my .45 Colt, 7.35mm rifle and .308 rifle, and the only round I won was when we shot the hot loaded .45 Colt loads. I guess them young sissies couldn't handle the recoil.LOL. Otherwise they humbled me something fierce. I think it was because I was having so much fun, I was shaking with excitement. One of the best 4th of July's ever.
Old July 7, 2013, 03:32 PM   #2
SgtLumpy

I'll see your humblement and raise you one.

I took a guy shooting who had never shot a pistol. Last firearm he shot was like 30 yrs ago when he shot a 22 rifle and a pheasant gun.

He outshot me with my pistols. ..

Sgt Lumpy
Old July 7, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3
David13

That happens to me all the time.
Maybe I shouldn't let anybody shoot my guns.
But I do need to know that there is some accuracy in those guns, somewhere.
dc
Old July 7, 2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think that there's any of us that that hasn't happened to, if everyone is honest about it.

Years ago, I used to love shooting matches, 12 gauge only, 2-2-10 ammo, for the X at 40 yards, and money matches. I was skinned by a guy I sold a Win. model 12 to once. I picked up my Browning and went home, head hung low.

I think we can all have a bad day.
Old July 7, 2013, 06:40 PM   #5
jrobin3360

Re: Out shot with my own guns.

Me & my sons spent a rainy 4th at the local range (had the place all to ourselves too). Shot my two 1911's, my eldest's Taurus PT 745 & a Viper 22LR. Got the 22 sighted in just right but we all shot about equal with the pistols (not very well at all, actually). All three of us need some marksmanship lessons but we had a good time, and for me, bad marksmanship & all, it was worth getting wet for.