The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 20, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Justice249

Stampede trouble

I was taking apart my Beretta Stampede .45 and cleaning out the trigger area. Well when I took out the hammer and transfer bar a small spring and a small silver pin fell out as well. Problem is I have no clue where they both go I have found nothing about them online. I can't even find an exploded view of the gun. Anyone know how to help!?!?I'm working on getting pictures up for it too, any information would be greatly apreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0163.jpg (245.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Justice249; January 21, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old January 20, 2013, 07:12 PM   #2
357 Python

Have you tried Numrich Arms? They usually have schematics available. As a last resort you may want to call Beretta Customer Service and talk to one of their gunsmiths.
Old January 21, 2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Justice249

Thank you for the suggestion but Numrich didn't have one for it. If I don't find anything soon ill have to try calling Beretta.
Old January 21, 2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Zhillsauditor

You might try the schismatic for a colt SAA, as they are supposedly very similar.
Old January 21, 2013, 04:31 PM   #5
pete2

Good luck calling Beretta, a lot they care.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Bob Wright

Try Brownell's:

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/...x#s56562sid885

Looks like the gate spring.

Bob Wright
Old January 22, 2013, 10:40 AM   #7
Justice249

Brownells had it! Thanks for the link, turns out it was the hand spring and hand spring pin they fell through when I took the guts out. Thanks all of yall for your suggestions
Old January 22, 2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Jim March

Quote:
You might try the schismatic for a colt SAA, as they are supposedly very similar.
No, the Stampede has a transfer bar ignition - a modern safety. Innards are therefore closer to a Ruger New Model than anything Colt ever made.

I have NOT studied how the Stampede works, however, I can guess that the spring and pin in question are used for one of two purposes:

* Drive the pawl forward as it rises. If this is the case, the spring will drive a pin FORWARD (towards the muzzle) to push the pawl forward to engage the ratchet teeth in the back of the cylinder. In a Ruger this pin goes into the primary frame from the rear, with the spring sticking out the rear. The spring is then capped with the grip frame.

* Drive the transfer bar backwards as it rises so that it clears the rear end of the firing pin on the way up. If there is no backwards pressure on the transfer bar on the way up, it will slam into the lower side of the firing pin and halt. In a Ruger this backwards pressure is via a spring-loaded pin at the rear end of the base pin. Check the Stampede's base pin: if it is "plain" at the rear then they may be using some other spring and pin to hold the transfer bar back as it rises and that might be what you have in your hand. It should use the spring to drive the pin REARWARD if this is what is going on.

I would bet you're looking at one of those two cases. Good luck!

Tags
beretta , revolver , single action , stampede